zybo_audio_controller

Aayala

Question

Hi everybody!

I need help with a project.
I'm a new user of zybo development board and I don´t know how to process audio.

I want to a input audio by the line in and other sound by the mic in, and in the output I want the two signals.

I need information about vivado and sdk.

I have read information about the board and I understand that I need to create a new IP to the audio control. But I do not know how to program the IP block neither tha software in SDK.

4 answers to this question

Hi Aayala,

I have moved this question to a more appropriate section of the forum. I have also asked some of applications engineers to see if any similar audio projects have been done; they'll get back to you here on the forum. 

But as a follow-up question, are you wanting to combine the two audio waveforms together into a single output? Or have two separate outputs, one for each input?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi Aayala,

I might be able to help you create a custom IP to control the audio on the Zybo and how to work through Vivado and the SDK. Xilinx offours some workshops as part of their Xilinx University Program. The specific workshop set you will be interested in is the System Design Flow for Zynq. In this set are workshops that acquaint you with Vivado, teach you how to create a custom IP core and add it to your Zynq system. The last lab also focuses on audio processing! You'll take in audio through the Line In port, pass it through a fir filter that you'll build in the SDK and further pass it out the HPH Out port. This project is already half of what you are trying to do, and so sounds like a good place to start understanding audio processing.

I think these labs will give you a good launching point for your project, and will teach you how to use the tools Vivado and the SDK provide. If anything these labs also provide some code and source projects that you may use to gain an understanding in audio processing and custom IP core creation. 

Good luck!

Andrew Holzer

5 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hola Aayala,

Me he mudado a esta pregunta a una sección más apropiada del foro. También he pedido a algunos de los ingenieros de aplicaciones para ver si se han realizado los proyectos de audio similares; van a tener de nuevo a usted aquí en el foro. 

Pero como una pregunta de seguimiento, estás deseando combinar las dos formas de onda de audio en una sola salida? O tener dos salidas separadas, una para cada entrada?

Gracias,
JColvin

Hi JColvin!

Thank you so much to try to help me. I'm new in this area and this will be useful to the final project of mi career.

I need only one output with the two signals. I wanna start with this, because it will be the first part of the other project about audio processing, specifically a treatment to the signals with an adaptive filter. If you can give me information about adaptive filters in vivado too, I would appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, AndrewHolzer said:

Hi Aayala,

I might be able to help you create a custom IP to control the audio on the Zybo and how to work through Vivado and the SDK. Xilinx offours some workshops as part of their Xilinx University Program. The specific workshop set you will be interested in is the System Design Flow for Zynq. In this set are workshops that acquaint you with Vivado, teach you how to create a custom IP core and add it to your Zynq system. The last lab also focuses on audio processing! You'll take in audio through the Line In port, pass it through a fir filter that you'll build in the SDK and further pass it out the HPH Out port. This project is already half of what you are trying to do, and so sounds like a good place to start understanding audio processing.

I think these labs will give you a good launching point for your project, and will teach you how to use the tools Vivado and the SDK provide. If anything these labs also provide some code and source projects that you may use to gain an understanding in audio processing and custom IP core creation. 

Good luck!

Andrew Holzer

Hi, Andrew

A lot of thanks for the information that you provided me.
I'm going to review it and try to apply in my project.

Greetings,

Aayala.

Archived