how to perform a single linear voltage sweep

hugocoolens

Question

I have purchased the new Discovery 2 and installed WaveForms 2015. I'm trying to change a voltage at the input of a circuit from -2 to +2V in 10 seconds and measure the output voltage, then put the data in a csv-file, the idea is to plot U_O=f(U_I) (I'm not interested in the timepoints). I tried applying a triangular voltage and measuring input and output but I find it very hard to make my data (which I export in a csv-file) starting at -2V exactly and stopping a +2V exactly, I have to fiddle constantly with the trigger point and the zero position and have to edit the csv-file in the end myself. I also noticed the add XY function, that gives indeed a nice plot of U_O=f(U_I), but I'm interested in the data of only the XY-plot not in the data of the scope in Y-t format. Is there a way to only export the XY-data?

In fact all I need is a kind of script which performs one voltage sweep from -2 to +2 in 10s and measures channel 1 and 2 and puts the data in a csv-file. Could someone explain me how to accomplish this with the new software?

thanks in advance and kind regards,

hugo

1 answer to this question

In reality nothing is exact, everything has a precision. It can be 2V with 0.1%, 1%, 5%... error. For 2V you can measure something between 1.99V and 2.01V

In case you want -2V and 2V to be included in the acquisition for sure, set a bit higher amplitude and lower frequency. Then export the acquisition without time column (labels) or XY view.

img1.png

img2.png

Archived