Flowcloud Integration With Mpide

alexceltare2

Question

Hello, noob here  :P I just started a project for my university BEng and is based on the chipKit WiFire provided by my supervisor. So far, i felt in love wth MPIDE because is so easy to use and it has all ready for me with 1 exception. The Flowcloud library. For the first 2 months and so I just figured out how to use MPIDE because the boards were from flowcloud so the USB-to-serial cable didn't work so I burned the Bootloader with Digilent's firmware. But now, I lost the Flowcloud app from the PIC chip that my project depends on so much because is required to use a cloud service. Anyhow, my request is: Can someone please tell me how to add the Flowcloud libraries and example codes/functions to work with MPIDE? I really hate MPLAB X because is so complicated and has no examples. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I already talked in Flowcloud developer forum about this issue but they told me this is Digilent/chipkit's domain to integrate flowcloud/MPLAB Harmony libraries with MPIDE.

6 answers to this question

HI Alexceltare, 

I am really apologetic that somehow your post was missed. 

A few things. 

I will need to thank the Imagination support people for directing you this way :-)

Unfortunately, harmony and flowcloud are only available on MPLABX right now. 

It requires a lot of direct hardware access (at this time) and hasn't been developed for MPIDE yet. 

You can follow the development of MPIDE by following the chipKIT.net community. 

If you are looking for FlowCloud support, then you will need to use Imagination's support channel, which also means using their recommended MPLabX and Harmony libraries. 

If that is not able to help you get going then perhaps we can help if you are able to explain what you are trying to achieve, (there may be a way to use the open sourced DEPicK Libraries to accomplish that, then handing over to an online service like IFFT). 

Thank you miss Lari. To put it simple, my uni. project requires me to write a program that uses a cloud service to connect to send alert signals to a website or an android app for example when an event happens(in my case, when someone passes by an array of lasers, part of a security system). So far i felt in love with MPIDE and there's no way to go back. Other people suggested using another cloud service like the free Amazon Web services or  IFTTT to handle the WiFi alert signal. I started with flowcloud because the board was provided by Imagetech technologies and they said if i want to programm it easier, use MPIDE, but you have to quit the flowcloud and MPLAB. 

P.S. Thank you again miss Lari and before I conclude, can i ask another question instead of starting a new post?

Archived