can Digital Discovery toggle an output pin when a trigger occurs?

ramestica

Question

suppose I have configured a couple of input pins as I2C, and a specific trigger has been set (e.g. Address & Data). Is it possible to toggle an output pin when that I2C event happens? If possible at all, then, what sort of delay should I expect between the trigger and the moment the output pin is toggled?

Thanks,

Rodrgio

5 answers to this question

Hi @ramestica

You can use the Patterns to trigger on Logic Detector (like I2C address and data) and output a pulse configured as 0 in Indle and 1 when running (like DIO 39), and set the run length as needed.
The trigger output will be at 230ns after the acknowledgement frame clock rising edge.

image.thumb.png.a1da21021e4cd0a3b0d0fd653cb2f39d.png

image.thumb.png.d7f6d66cc4ff4f96a7869935b0821e5a.png

in the meanwhile I ordered and received my brand new Digital Discovery ?

Many thanks for that example, attila. I do not have my i2c device working at this time. Tried with a simple clock signal I have available (DIN0), and the delay I measured at the output pin (DIO24) is 210ns, very similar to your example. All seems to be just good.

Question, adding a second input signal (DIN1), connected to the same clock but triggering on the clock's falling edge instead, then, DIO24 triggers on both events.  Is there a way to define in Patterns which trigger to associate to DIO24 in my example here?

Hi @attila,

in your example there are three triggers: DIN0 rising and falling edge, and DIN1 rising edge. Now, if in Patterns the Trigger is set to Logic Detector then DIO39 in your same example would trigger on each of those three Trigger conditions. Can you configure DI39 to trigger only on DIN1 events?

Hi @ramestica

Sure, you can configure the trigger to be just DIN1 edge.
The Logic Analyzer trigger can be configured as simple trigger: combination of edges (with OR logic) and levels (with AND logic), pulse (length and count) or protocol specific trigger (Bus, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, I2S, 1Wire address/data...)

Archived