Motor/Gearbox Voltage

adecold

Question

4 answers to this question

Dear adecold,

I looked into that DC motor and it turns out the product title on the webpage is wrong. The 1:19 DC motor voltage is 12 V and the datasheet on that web page is correct also. Sorry about that confusion I'll be sure to get it fixed.

Best Regards,

Bobby

I think some things changed around since I asked the question but there are still inconsistencies.

The 1:19 Gear Ration (http://store.digilentinc.com/motor-gearbox-1-19-gear-ratio-custom-6v-motor-designed-for-digilent-robot-kits/)
Title: 6V
Picture: 6V
Datasheet: 12V

The "1:53 Gear Ratio" (http://store.digilentinc.com/dc-motor-gearbox-1-53-gear-ratio-custom-12v-motor-designed-for-digilent-robot-kits/)
Title: 12V
Picture: 12V
Datasheet: 6V

It would also mean the dual h-bridge (Motor voltage can be driven up to 11.8V, with a recommended 10.8V maximum)  is not compatible with the 1:19 gearbox at the rated 12V?

Hi adecold,

So I think what's happening is that originally both the 1:19 and 1:53 gear ratio motors were available in the stated voltage ranges (and I think one would be able to get either 6V or 12V). But I went and checked the stock and found that 1:19 gear ratio motor is at 12V and the 1:53 gear ratio motor is at 6V, respectively matching their datasheets. I have put in a request to have those photos update.

The dual h-bridge (PmodDHB1) could be used with both the 1:19 and the 1:53 motors, even though the 1:19 is rated at 12V. You can apply a smaller voltage to it (such as 9V) and still get it going, it just won't spin as fast. But yes, I would not apply 12V to the PmodDHB1 to get the 1:19 motor fully operational.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi there,

by now both motors/gearboxes are listed with 12V in their headlines in the Digilent shop, though they are not.

As JColvin mentioned, the 1:19 is 12V and the 1:53 is 6V.

Thanks in advance for changing it! :)

Best Regards
Susanne

Archived