Nexys4 DDR Mechanicals.

LariSan

Question

19 answers to this question

Hi popest,

You can add up the distances from one of the earlier images (in this comment). In your case, the distance from the center of the mounting holes around the FMC connector to the edge of the board is 1.41 inches (for both mounting holes).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear Garrett,

thank you. All dimensions look good but I am not sure in case of JXADC. It should be in similar level like mounting hole of FMC conn. (height 35.814mm but you have measured 118.35mm) and also x dimension should be similar like for BNTL (95.5 not 124.55). 

Could you please re-measure this header?

Thank you very much

Regards

Stanislav Popelka

Hello Stanislav,

Assuming the bottom left corner of the board is (0, 0). Here are your requested coordinates.  The buttons are measured from center.  All measurements are in millimeters.

BTNR = 113.4, 18.1
BTNL = 95.5, 18.1
BTNU = 104.5, 27.1
BTND = 104.5, 9.1
BTNC = 104.5, 18.1
PROG = 102.5, 82.6
CPU_RESET = 102.5, 91.5

JP4 pin 1 = 85.45, 82.6
JXADC pin 1 = 124.25, 118.35

Cheers,

Garrett

Dear Garrett,

thank you very much. Our board to FMC connector will partially overlap Nexys video board due to limited space in application. We have to add some holes to keep buttons (BTNL, BTND, BTNR, BTNU, BTNC and CPU_reset, PROG) and headers (XADC and JP4) still accesible and without collision to our board. Is it possible to give me coordinates of this components? I understand that it is a lot of measurements so if not, it is ok.

Or, if you can provide me 3D data, Altium can export PCB into 3D *.step model. If you can do this I can measure all dimensions by self in MCAD.

Thank you 

Regards,

Stanislav Popelka

Hello Popest,

I have pulled the exact measurements from the Altium project and attached a couple photos showing these.  Hopefully, this will help.  If you require anything else, do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Garrett Aufdemberg

Senior Design Engineer

Nexys Video FMC M1.jpg

Nexys Video FMC M2.jpg

Dear JColvin,

thank you for measurements but I thought that you will get this dimensions directly from fabrication data. This is only way how to measure it precisely. If I am not wrong, schematic of this board is created in Altium. These are 2 click of mouse to measure distance of components... Your measurement is wrong. 2x 0.1625in from connector holes leads to mounting holes spacing 2.466in not to 2.48in.

Thank you for answer but I wanted to know distance from right edge of the board. May be better information will be coordinates of this two holes with respect to two FMC connector holes. (coordinates of just one hole should be enought).

Thank you

dim.jpg

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it.

Could I also get the mechanical dimensions for the following unit:

Nexys Video Artix-7 FPGA: Trainer Board for Multimedia Applications

SKU: 410-316

Please include the mounting hole sizes as well.

Thank you!

Archived