Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c many include files missing

qwaserdf

Question

Good morning.

I am trying to excute this demo project "Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c" (https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-z7-pcam-5c-demo/start) following step by step the "Using Digilent Github Demo Projects" (https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/github-demos/start), but when I import the projects to the workspace, I see some of the file give errors due to almost all include files (like xparameters.h)  are missing in the zip file downloaded, where the project is contained in.

Those kind of include files are generated automatically when I create the bsp for this hardware design. But I can't understand neither,  why if I do that (creating a new BSP from the .hdf exported from vivado), there are an error in the file /standalone_bsp_0/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ddynclk_v1_0/src/ddynclk_g.c

DDynClk_Config DDynClk_ConfigTable[XPAR_DDYNCLK_NUM_INSTANCES] = // Error XPAR_DDYNCLK_NUM_INSTANCES undeclared

Also I found this answer from Xilinx AR# 34804 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/34804.html) where they say that if I right-clicked in the projeck I should be able to change the reference BSP. But actually I am not.

My OS is windows 10, in case it is usefull.

Thank you for your help. Best regards.

9 answers to this question

@qwaserdf, you are wrongly assuming that Vivado 2016.4 without SDK installed will work with SDK 2018.1. Because it does not, Vivado is giving you an error during project creation: "couldn't execute xsct...". Since that fails, you are left with an old hardware handoff (.hdf) in the sdk workspace. You are importing the same old hdf when creating a new hardware platform in the workspace. That explains why it is looking for an nonexistent DDYNCLK variable, which is for an IP that does not exist in the hardware project anymore. The rest of the SDK errors are due to the wrong SDK version.

You can try importing the hdf from hw_handoff instead and go through with manually re-creating the BSP for 2018, but do yourself a favor and install SDK 2016.4 instead.

Thank you Jpeyron.

The path to the project D://vivado_projects/Pcam/(and then what is uncompressed from the .zip)

Vivado , I've tried with vivado 2018 and vivado 2016.4. SDK  only 2018.

This is the repository. Shoudln't it include those kind of files?? When I create a project, xparameters.h usually is in the bsp directory.

Best regards.

Hi @qwaserdf,

Vivado projects are version specific. To use this project in 2016.4  make sure to follow this tutorial. If you are experiencing these sdk errors then right click into the pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp and regenerate the bsp. If this does not work then delete the pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp and  create a new board support package with the same name pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp with the original bsp settings. 

thank you,

Jon

Good night Jpeyron.

If I try to just open the  pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp from the unzip folder I get this errors:

23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1594] Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories

23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1452] Error: running open_sw_design.

23:34:29 ERROR    :  [Common 17-39] 'hsi::open_sw_design' failed due to earlier errors.
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-15
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)94] Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories

23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1452] Error: running open_sw_design.

23:34:29 INFO    : Unable to read in MSS file C:\Users\Eduardo\Documents\pcam\Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c\sdk\pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp\system.mss : null
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1594]
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server) Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositor
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ies

23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-145
23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)2] Error: running open_sw_design.

23:34:29 ERROR    : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1594] Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories

23:34:29 ERROR    : Failed to get_connected_periphs
Reason: ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'get_property' expects at least one object.
Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

When I try to create it from scratch I got this

23:37:42 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-159
23:37:42 ERROR : (XSDB Server)4] Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1452] Error: running open_sw_design.

23:37:42 ERROR :  [Common 17-39] 'hsi::open_sw_design' failed due to earlier errors.
23:37:42 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1594] Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories

23:37:42 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1452] Error: running open_sw_design.

What actually I see is the same error, "Core cpu_cortexa9 of version 2.3 not found in repositories" how can I get those all need files in the repositories??

I just want to remind that I am strickly following the steps marked in "https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/github-demos/start".

Thank you very much for your time.

I attached some images showing the process. I this example I open the projects, but I have also tried importing it instead, as the tutorial says. The error was the same.

Now I will upload also screenshots importing the project from Vivado, but it will take a while untill I have them all.

9(errors too).PNG

8(First Stage bootlaoder BSP).PNG

7(errors).PNG

6(try to open the BSP).PNG

5(Opens properly).PNG

4(Open the platform project).PNG

3(launch SDK and select workspace).PNG

2(just uncompressed).PNG

1(path D_Vivado_projects_Pcam).PNG

Archived