Digilent PMOD CON2

Marzhan

Question

Hello , I am working with Photon counting head model H10682, nowadays I plan to receive data to FPGA (Zedboard,Zynq 7000). Please give some guidance about connection between these two (Hamamatsu H10682 and Zedboard), is Digilent Pmod CON2 suitable for this? I appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi @Marzhan,

I do not believe the Pmod Con2 would work in this situation.The pmod ports on the Zedboard do not supply 5v  as shown here so you would need to power Hamamatsu H10682  from an external source.  You might be able to use the Pmod LVLSHFT to bring the  3.5 high down to 3.3 cmos digital high so that the zedboard would be able to work with Hamamatsu H10682.  

thank you,

Jon

Thank you for your reply, by external source you meant level shifter or maybe level converter?  In this case if I use MAX14850 as external resource is that suits ? And still I can use PMODs as input port to PL?  

Hi @Marzhan,

I was stating that the vdd available from the pmod ports on the Zedboard are 3.3v . You would not be able to power the Hamamatsu H10682(needs 5v) from the pmod ports of the Zedboard. You would need to power the Hamamatsu H10682 separately.  Also digital high for the Hamamatsu H10682 starts at 3.5v. The Pmod ports are 3.3v I/O. You would need a level shifter to make the output from the Hamamatsu H10682  work with the Zedboard.

thank you,

Jon

Archived