Nexys 4 Information

Alex

Question

Hi, a customer has received a Nexys4 and want to know the following information. Can anyone help?

I see it comes with a usb  cable but no power cable. In fact, no disk, no instructions, no link to specific documents, examples, instructions etc which are meant for this board. Can you point me in the right direction to the documentation? For example, what do I do to set up the board and actually write some software for it? Are there examples specifically for the nexys4 board? Where are they?

4 answers to this question

Digilent will provide you the guidance you need. Write your questions here or at support@digilentinc.com.

Nexys4 is a nice board and I am sure that you will be happy working with it.

Briefly, regarding your initial concerns, here are some answers:

- please read the reference manual, there is a lot of useful information http://www.digilentinc.com/Data/Products/NEXYS4/Nexys4_RM_VB2_Final_5.pdf

- one of the ways you can power the Nexys4 is using the USB cable. The Power Source Select jumper should be set on USB. 

- regarding the software setup, the reference manual states this: "The Nexys4 is compatible with Xilinx’s new high-performance Vivado ® Design Suite as well as the ISE

toolset, which includes ChipScope and EDK. Xilinx offers free “Webpack” versions of these toolsets, so designs can be implemented at no additional cost." 
Please take a look on the XIlinx side for these tools

Archived