waveform generator calibration not working?

tadius

Question

Hello,

I was performing the calibration steps for the waveform generator (both channels) and the first step is to check for 0 Volts and then it steps up the voltage for various other checks. 

The issue is that all the steps where the voltage is supposed to be greater than 0 Volts, it fails. No voltage ever is produced during these steps. 

I checked both waveform generators across all their different modes and they all worked. This tells me at least the actual generators are working just fine (phew!). 

Is this a known issue in the calibration software with the AWGs? Are there any other steps I can try here at home?

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Hi @tadius

I have just verified with WaveForms v3.8.2 the AWG and Scope calibration is working for me on the Analog Discovery 2.

Which device and software version are you using?

Here you have a tutorial https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/instrumentation/tutorials/ad2-calibration/start
Instead the Wizard, I recommend using the step by step method by clicking on the links in the list like: "Waveform Generator 1 Low Gain"

Update for @attila at 4:20pm on 6/24: I found out the issue. It was an error on my part. I am sorry for any un-needed effort on solving this. Thank you!

Hi @attila

I am using the Digilent Electronics Explorer Board.

I did check the software version of WaveForms and it is v3.8.2 and I am on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

My apologies I did not include this information earlier.

Archived