Does XUP USB Jtag work with vivado 2018.1

hjain

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi @hjain,

I apologize for the delay. Our design engineer was to get the XUP USB JTAG cable to work in Vivado on Windows 10; the install script that Xilinx runs as part of cable driver installation does not work correctly.

What they had to do was the following:

Initially the XUP USB JTAG cable would show up in the device manager under "Programming cables" as a "Xilinx Embedded Platform USB Firmware Loader" and would not be found by the Vivado Hardware Manager. I had to right click on “Xilinx Embedded Platform USB Firmware Loader” in the device manager and click “Uinstall”. When the uninstall dialog popped up I checked the box the box that says “Delete the driver software for this device.” And then click ok. Once driver uinstall completed I disconnected the programming cable. I then launched a command prompt in administrator mode and navigated to "C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64\dlc10_win7". Once in this directory I ran the following 4 commands:

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf uninstall
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install
wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\xusbdrvr.inf install

After doing this I connected the cable and Windows loaded two drivers for it: a Jungo driver and a “Xilinx USB Cable” driver under the “Programming cables” section. After this I was able to get Hardware Manager to recognize the device and find the Zynq 7020 that’s on the Zed board. This information is somewhat documented here:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Re-Platform-Cable-USB-II-Stopped-Working/td-p/814928

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks Jon for confirmation. I have a doubt on windrvr6 which is used for this cable on Windows 7. As we have new USB driver on windows 10 so there might be a compatibility issue. 

It is not working with windows 10. 

Do you access to any windows 10 machine where this can be checked?

thanks 

Hj

Archived