BASYS2 and Labview FPGA

Edgar Vallar

Question

Jan. 4, 2016

Hi!

I want to use the Labview 2014 FPGA module to make a VI that uses the BASYS2 Digilent Board.  The BASYS2 has the Spartan 3E-100 CP132 Xilinx FPGA chip.  

I will interface sensors to the BASYS2 and use the VI to get data automatically and process it.

I already installed Labview 2014, Labview 2014 FPGA Module, Labview 2014 Realtime Module.  However, I cannot find the BASYS2 (as a target) in the FPGA module and also in NI MAX.  

I found that Spartan 3E is part of the Xilinx University Program (XUP) and there is a Labview driver for it but it uses Labview 2012.  Also, the Spartan 3E in the XUP that uses that Labview 2012 driver should be 500K.  Can this driver also work with the BASYS2 board?

Can someone give me an idea where to get a Labview driver for the Spartan 3E-100 CP132 (BASYS2 board)?  I have emailed NI but they have no reply yet.   Kindly email me or reply to this forum.

Thank you.

Edgar

Email : edgar.vallar@dlsu.edu.ph

2 answers to this question

Thanks.

NI also replied and said the same thing.  However, they gave me a link to the MakerHub website which uses Adept to enable the Digilent board to be interfaced with Labview (https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=libraries:adept:start). It might be helpful for some so I am pasting it here too. I used the VI package manager (VIPM) to install it.  It worked (after some error messages which might be due to me choosing to also install the latest version) using the older version (lvh_adept-2.0.0.47.vip).

It is my first time to use a BASYS2 and an FPGA.  I hope I can ask more questions from this forum in the future.

Thank you very much.

Edgar

Archived