Nexys4DDR stuck

Andrei Toader

Question

Hello all,

I have recently bought a Nexys4DDR and have played with the laboratories from Imagination Technologies. Everything worked fine until I have played with some constraints for the board and now the board is jammed. When I power it up, the initial program works fine (a snake like application on the 7 segment display), but when I want to program the device with a simple program (just write incremented values to the LEDs), it programs the device (the status says it is programmed), the "done" LED is lit up (and stays this way), but the CPU reset button doesn't work and also the program is not running. I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me?

5 answers to this question

Hello,

We don't expect that your trouble is due to your previous actions, so you should focus on the project itself and programming procedure.

Also, the fact that you get the demo application running means that the FPGA is able to be programmed from flash, so you should be able to do it over the JTAG. As Jon wrote, providing your project will help us help you. Also, what you can do is to open the GPIO demo provided by Digilent https://reference.digilentinc.com/nexys4-ddr:gpiodemo and try to program the FPGA with it. Please be sure that MODE jumper is set to JTAG. I am also attaching here the bit file, so please try to program this bit as well.

GPIO_demo.bit

Hi, did this ever get resolved? I'm having a similar problem. vivado 2015.4 likes to make the bit file in Nexys4DDR-master/Projects/GPIO. the green "done" led comes on after "program device". JP1 is set to JTAG. but then nothing happens. Am I missing some obvious button pushing sequence? 

thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Could you try programming the bit file that Cristian Fatu uploaded above? I'm unable to recreate your problem here when I run the GPIO project. If that doesn't work, and if you have never reconfigured the QSPI, try switching JP1 to QSPI and pressing the PROG button. This should upload the demo that is shipped with the Nexys4DDR. Let me know if these work.

Archived