Sign in to follow this  
ltheoret

ChipKIT uC32 BootLoader

Question

Hi,

I was wondering, Since Arduino IDE 1.6.5 with chipkit-core-windows.16778039.v1.0.0-27-gdfa0309 cannot erase the memory of the ChipKit uC32 but the MPIDE can. Is there a way to extract the bootloader version from the ChipKIT? I mean any ChipKIT since I have three flavors in front of me? I do not have a programmer thought.

Luc

2 answers to this question

Hi,

So, I was poking around the ChipKIT forum looking for anything of interest and found one person who could not upload his sketches to his ChipKIT uC32  using Ubuntu, <<Coincidence, I think not>>. so it ships with the wrong bootloader "Great". but if you look at the Diligent website, at the bottom of the ChipKIT uC32 page, there is sketch for that. so I downloaded it and ran it of course using the serial monitor to fallow the prompts and 'presto' in seconds a new bootloader is born. and now it works with Arduino IDE and MPIDE.

Luc

To get more clarification for the people who might get the same issue;

https://reference.digilentinc.com/_media/chipkit_uc32:updbluc32.zip use this link to download the updater sketch.

during upload click on the Serial Port Monitor,

application will ask your input to confirm that you are using "chipKIT uC32" type the name and hit enter. It will update bootloader.

Thanks to Luc.