"Best" Linux OS version and CPU platform for use with Analog Discovery 2?

ggmpd

Question

There do not seem to be any specifications for CPU platforms and Linux OSes that work best with the Analog Discovery 2 (i.e. that run the software and can keep up with the sample rate of the device). I see from past questions that it doesn't work properly with any model of Raspberry Pi (seems to be a Pi hardware problem, not Digilent's fault) and there are problems installing certain libraries on various Linux versions.

From my experience with the HackRF One, you need a powerful enough CPU that can keep up with the sample rate being generated by the device without overruns or totally consuming the CPU capacity. Plus the operating system and library versions need to be compatible with what the software was compiled on (preferably identical).

Since Digilent doesn't publish such detailed information on their website,  I thought I'd ask forum members - what Linux systems are people using successfully with the Analog Discovery 2 and are happy with? Exact OS and platform would be helpful (i.e. Dell XPS 13 laptop running Ubuntu version 9999.1).

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Archived