LabVIEW custom waveform with set run time (burst)

Christopher Arena

Question

Hi,

I am trying to generate a arbitrary waveform that runs for a set period of time. This is possible with the WaveForms program by setting up a new custom waveform from file (0,0,0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,-1,-1), and using independent synchronization using a set run time (1 ms).

When trying to implement the same thing in LabVIEW, I am having difficulty getting the waveform to only run for a set period of time to generate a burst. I have been trying to modify the "Stimulus Response (MSO and FGEN)" example file.

Any guidance on how to setup synchronization (independent or external trigger) and run time in LabVIEW would be greatly appreciated!  

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Hi @Christopher Arena

The "Digilent WaveForms VIs" do not have option for limited run, but you could configure this by calling the following DWF functions from LabView:
FDwfAnalogOutRunSet(int hdwf, int idxChannel, double secRun);
FDwfAnalogOutRepeatSet(int hdwf, int idxChannel, int cRepeat);

For hdwf you can use the VIs instrument handle, idxChannel = 0 for AWG1, cRepeat = 1, secRun = 0.001 = 1ms

The WF SDK, the DWF library FDwf functions access from LabView can be found in this thread:

Hi Attila,

The program is running well now and outputting a burst. Thank you for the help.

One additional question. I am now trying to use "Analog Out Wait Set," such that program continues to deliver bursts after waiting a defined time. I have tried inserting the associated block in all locations (before, after, and between) the other "Run Set" and "Repeat Set" blocks. The "Repeat Set" block is now being used to define how many bursts are delivered.

Is there a separate methodology for using "Analog Out Wait Set" that I am missing, besides placing it in series with the other set functions?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Christopher Arena

The wait should work just like the run and repeat does, the order does not matter.
FDwfAnalogOutWaitSet(HDWF hdwf, int idxChannel, double secWait);

In case you use trigger, the trigger-repeat selects to work as: trigger-wait-run-wait-run... or trigger-wait-run-trigger-wait-run...
FDwfAnalogOutRepeatTriggerSet(HDWF hdwf, int idxChannel, BOOL fRepeatTrigger);

Archived