chipkit WF32 Prototyping boards

Marty

Question

I was looking for a prototyping board (shield board) for the WF32 and was surprised nothing to be found, where other proto shields seemed plentyful.   Since I'm a newbie it makes me think my choice of the WF32 was misguided because maybe the board is gonna be retired (like proto shield for Chipkit 32 uno) soon.   I'm  a former labview programer looking to do some home sensor projects.  

Any words of wisdom?  I'm all ears.

Marty

4 answers to this question

Sorry saw my question was answered already, guess WF32 is not very popular.    Hmm does anyone have insight to the longevity of the Chipkit WF32,  what I mean is it gonna get retired soon?  thanks in advance.

Hi @Marty,

As you likely saw, any shield that is compatible with the Digilent Uno32 or uC32 (and generally physically compatible with Arduino Uno form factor boards) will be able to work with the WF32. I am not aware of the WF32 becoming retired anytime soon; I think what you are seeing is that the Digilent microcontroller boards are not as popular as some of our other product lines.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Please can someone tell me how to user the serial port(s) on the WF32 wile compiling and debugging with Arduino 1.8.7 (Windows Store)?  I can not get any serial(1.2.3).print statements to work I have even tried external serial to USB adapters attached to different pins.  What am I missing?

Archived