How to split a JTAG between two pmods?

Mahdi

Question

Hello,

I am using Arty-Z7-10 board with 3 Pmods (NAV, GPS and RTCC), while there are only 2 JTAG ports available on the board. So, I decided to buy one of  these 2*6-pin JTAG splitter cables and divide one of my JTAG ports between PmodGPS and PmodRTCC (since both of them need only one row of JTAG). Now, I am trying to make a block design and connect both of them to one JTAG, but it does not seem to be feasible. When I connect the first Pmod to the JTAG port, it occupies the whole port and it does not allow me to add another Pmod to it. Is this something I have to do in Verilog, and modify my XDC file? or is there an easier way to do it by just dragging and dropping the IPs in the block design?

Best,

Mahdi

2 answers to this question

Hi @Mahdi,

I'm not certain what you are referring to when you say dividing the JTAG ports between Pmods since none of the Pmods you mentioned use JTAG, but we have on post on our Forum here that discusses how to get two 6-pin Pmods attached and running to the same port on the FPGA here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8795-connecting-two-6pin-pmods-to-12pin-connector-in-ip-integrator/.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived