Vivado voucher for Genesys 2 Kintex-7 FPGA Development Board

dimitar_pg13

Hi Dimitar,

The Vivado voucher will get you a node-locked (install the Vivado software to only one particular machine), device-locked (the paid portions of the software only work with one particular FPGA chip rather than a generic "Kintex 7-series chip") version of Vivado Design Suite free with one year's worth of free updates from the time the voucher is claimed. After that year is complete, you would not be able to get new updates, but will still be able to use the Design Suite that you currently are working with.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello JColvin,

I have claimed my Arty license, which I installed on a desktop. I want another license for my laptop, which I frequently take on trips. Do I need to get another Arty to get a license for my laptop? Additionally, I own several of the affordable Digilent Xilinx FPGA development kits; Spartan 3, -3E, Nexys 3, Atlys, CMOD S6 and XUP-V2P. Question: Is there a way that I can extend my Arty (or 2nd Arty) license to cover those other boards? I bought some truly cheap Lua WiFi pieces from AliExpress that I want to use for IoT experiments in basement.

Bolt (BoltLatch@Hotmail.com)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bolt,

You would not be able to extend any of the licenses since the Arty license is "locked" to the particular Xilinx FPGA chip on the Arty board. You can get an additional license for your laptop though by getting one of the free Vivado WebPack license's from Xilinx.

Also, Xilinx's Vivado does not support any of the board's chips that you listed. They are supported through Xilinx ISE.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived