Adept System GUI for Windows

zygot

Question

Whenever I get back to a project involving a Digilent board the first thing I do is go to your main website and update everything associated with it to the latest version. Anyway that is what I used to do before you started moving everything to numerous other places and making me play hide and seek.

Anyway, one very important reason why I buy your FPGA boards is for the Adept interface. It's not perfect and I've written my own HDL interfaces to make it useful. It is essential though. I have a Nexus Video and Geneys 2 board. My version of the Adept GUI recognizes both boards but not the devices on either. If I try to select a bit file to program the device it simply doesn't show up in the drop down box. Unless you're hiding the latest version of this tool I can't find a newer one. In the grand scheme of things not having the choice of using this utility for both programming and simple Adept interface debugging is more of a nuisance while not having the Adept API available is very problematic for me.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

The Adept System 2.16.1 supports the FPGAs on the Genesys2 and Nexys Video, so what you are trying to do is possible. This version of the software is available here:

http://digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,66,828&Prod=ADEPT2

What OS are you using? What is the log output in the bottom part of the GUI when you click Initialize Chain?

Archived