HDMI Demo have some error

Hajime

Question

Hello

I tried HDMI Demo with Nexys Video FPGA Board

But I had some trouble in SDK

The message is
"fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory    video_capture.h    /videodemo/src/video_capture    line 74    C/C++ Problem"

I really want some advice !

9 answers to this question

Hi @Hajime,

In general with SDK projects, you will need to use the version of Vivado and SDK listed in the project Wiki here: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-video-hdmi-demo/start, so you will need to use 2016.4 in order for the project to work as is without re-creating and debugging any errors that can potentially come up in a different version.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Hajime,

You should be able to run this demo without issues in Vivado 2018.1. I would first try right clicking on the bsp of the application and re-generate the bsp. If that does not fix the issue then I would suggest to start with a fresh copy of the project. Once loaded in vivado make sure to upgrade/generate the ip cores by selecting tools->reports-> report ip status. next create a wrapper. Then i would make sure the xdc matches the wrapper names. A few of the ip's were updated and the signal names were altered slightly. Then generate a bitstream and export the hardware including the bitstream. Next  launch sdk and import the applications from the sdk folder, program the fpga and run the application using launch on hardware(system debugger). If you are still experiencing an error please attach a screen shot of the sdk including the error and the line that the error is at.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @Hajime,

Did you right click on the videodemo_bsp and select re-generate bsp? If this does not fix the issue then delete the videodemo_bsp. Then create a new board support package called videodemo_bsp. Hit ok for all the question that sdk will ask. Does this solve the errors?

thank you,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

Thanks to your advice, I can re-generate bsp and make xli_types.h

However, I still have error message

"fatal error: xil_types.h: No such file or directory video_capture.h /videodemo/src/video_capture line 74 C/C++ Problem"

I want to reference videodemo_bsp, but I can't because it doesn't appear as the screen shot

screenshot.thumb.png.4b7ab6d794d03cb098338279df35f4a9.png

I cant resolve this problem...

please help me

Thank you 

Hajime

Hi @Hajime,

Have you tried deleting the  videodemo_bsp. Then create a new board support package called videodemo_bsp. Hit ok for all the question that sdk will ask. Does this solve the errors? I might be easier to download vivado 2016.4 and use this project in the version of vivado it was made in.

thank you,

Jon

Archived