XUP USB-JTAG Programmer

kursatgol

Question

Hi All,

Is there anybody have any experience about XUP (Xilinx University Program) USB-JTAG Programmer Revision-G using with Vivado 2015 or 2018? I have some little experience with Vivado 2015.5 and 2018.1 but regarding my experiences XUP USB-JTAG Programmer is not compatible with Vivado? I tried all ways on Centos-7 OS and the particular script (install_drivers.tar.gz). I aimed to program the Zedboard for petalinux applications developing but no success with XUP USB-JTAG Rev.G and Vivado running on Centos-7. Could you please share any suggestions if you have?

Regards.

Kursat Gol

xup_problem.png

Hi @kursatgol,

I apologize for the delay. Our design engineer was able to get it working in Windows 10 (the install script as part of the Xilinx installation process for the cable drivers is not working correctly), and plans on trying to get the cable drivers working in a Linux distro. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @kursatgol,

The module arrived yesterday afternoon. Our design engineer was able to get it to detect and program Zynq and other 7-series devices on a Windows 7 machine, but was not able to get it working as of yet on a Windows 10 machine. I will ask about Linux systems as well, though I do not know if they have any distribution readily available to them or not.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @kursatgol,

If the module did not arrive this past Friday (June 8th), I would expect that it should arrive in our office in the by June 13th at the latest, though to be fair, like other things, we don't have have control if there are any shipping delays, but I am hoping this will not be the case.

Thank you for your patience,
JColvin

Hello @kursatgol,

I am finding out some for information about this; I will let you know when I find out more details, though my initial gut reaction is that if the XUP USB JTAG programmer is based off of the Platform Cable USB (the original as opposed to Platform Cable USB ii), it may not be able to detect Xilinx's Zynq and 7-series devices. I am finding out for certain though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived