Basys3 demo programs (SDK) errors

hib

Question

I downloaded the SDK version of the abacus demo.  Directions for this state" Select the “SDK Hardware Handoff” option if your project supports Vivado SDK....

and you want to jump directly in

I ran the SDK and could not proceed. I learned that the demo files are missing all content in the SDK and the hw_handoff folders.

How can I get working files for the SDK demos?

5 answers to this question

Hi @hib,

In the interest of making the Digilent materials more widely accessible, what do you imagine when you use the statement "plug n play"? Are you imagining that when you provide power to the board
-things immediately start happening on the board with no additional programming
-you are able to more directly interact with the board through a serial terminal
-be able to run an SDK project for the Basys 3
-or something else entirely?

Thank you,
JColvin

Ideally I would  something that could be executed from a PC that that would let a user check if their board was working. this is a feature I have encounter in the past with another FPGA board.

if that was not possible, then a file that could be loaded by the SDK  that would check the working status of the board.

Hi @hib,

In terms of a project that shows the board is working, I would recommend programming the Basys 3 with the General IO Demo. This will show the functionality of the switches, LEDs, seven segment display, buttons, VGA header, USB type A port, and serial communication with the Basys 3.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived