Xilinx ISE on Windows 10 does not have the Atlys board

dag1

Question

As is well known Xilinx latest version of ISE supports Windows 10 in a limited way

so that old Spartan 6 FPGA can be used.

this ISE version is called:

Xilinx_ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_1211_1

Apparently, they only have the Spartan 6 Starter Board, but not the Atlys board (although Atlys is based on the Spartan 6).

Can anyone in Digilent provide me with the necessary files that would make the ISE recognize the ATLYS card?

thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi @dag1,

What OS are you using? While looking into the ISE for windows 10 here and here i can not find any information limiting which spartan 6 fgpa's will work in this ISE version. Can you please attach a screen shot of the project setting and show what spartan devices are available? Here is the resource center for the Atlys that has it schematic, UCF files and demos.

thank you,

Jon

ise_window10_atlys.jpg

I tried your suggestion , so I skipped setting the board, and  set the FPGA directly in the Project settings

I managed to do Presynthesis, generated UCF file, did Synthesis, but when I run iMPACT to program the FPGA on the Atlys

I get the following error:

GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
INFO:iMPACT - Digilent Plugin: Plugin Version: 2.5.2
INFO:iMPACT - Digilent Plugin: no JTAG device was found.
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
*** WARNING ***: When port is set to auto detect mode, cable speed is set to default 6 MHz regardless of explicit arguments supplied for setting the baud rates
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
File version of /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/xusbdfwu.hex = 1030.
File version of /usr/share/xusbdfwu.hex = 1030.
 Using libusb.
 Kernel release = 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport0).
 WinDriver v10.31 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2011 Build Date: May 24 2011 x86_64 64bit 18:13:19.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport1).
 WinDriver v10.31 Jungo (c) 1997 - 2011 Build Date: May 24 2011 x86_64 64bit 18:13:19.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport2).
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport3).
Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      1 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.
WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

Any advise?

The thing is that with Windows 10 and ISE one is running on a virtual Linux machine (comes with the ISE installation).

So not sure which ins I should be installed, for the Windows or for Linux ?

I tried for Windows, installed Adept 2. I can see the Atlys card connected and I can run the tests that Adept provides

But this does not solve the problem, when I run iMPACT in ISE I get the Cable error.

Do you know how to install the Linux version of the plugins and drivers? Is there any guide on installing whatever is necessary for Atlys card on Linux? I could try to install them in the Virtual Linux box that ISE came with

Archived