Blinking LED always ON for RPI3

mustafasei

Question

Hi

I have RPI3 and I did the setup in makerhub videos but after installing the labview on the RPI3 as shown in picture the LED starts to be ON all the time even after running the VI on the RPI3

please advise if there is any idea for this issue

1.JPG

7 answers to this question

Hi @mustafasei,

What pin are you attempting to turn on and off on the Raspberry Pi 3 and could you provide a screenshot of your block diagram? Additionally, when you say the LED is on the entire time, are you referring to the LED indicator on the VI front panel or an external LED attached to the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks,
JColvin

11 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @mustafasei,

What pin are you attempting to turn on and off on the Raspberry Pi 3 and could you provide a screenshot of your block diagram? Additionally, when you say the LED is on the entire time, are you referring to the LED indicator on the VI front panel or an external LED attached to the Raspberry Pi?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi

Pin no.7

But the problem this pin start to give supply to external Led once the installation of labview on the RPI3 done even before opening the VI to send it to the RPI3 

Please see instructions which I follow  in below :
https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.ph ... y-pi-setup
for the link above at 5:35 of the video the external LED which connected on pin no.7 start to be ON all the time.

I changed the GPIO from 7 to 8 and I got error message that GPIO in (((RPI2))) not supported and same if I select other GPIOs
also why I see in the project (((RPI2 and NOT RPI3)))

see attached

3.png

Hi @mustafasei,

The video you linked to just shows how to install LabVIEW onto the Raspberry Pi; I believe the video you are thinking of is this one, https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:3-0:blink, around the 6:30 mark?

I imagine it shows Raspberry Pi 2 rather than Raspberry Pi 3 on your system because the two boards are so similar they were able to use much of the same configuration files; I will confirm this with somebody much more familiar with the LINX software though.

As for why changing from Digital Pin 7 to Digital Pin 8 did not work, I think that is because pin 8 on the header is actually UART receiver pin for UART0, so I don't think it can be readily toggled as an output.

I'm not certain why the LED is set to a logic high value prior to loading the VI; in general that would be due to a pre-loaded setting on the Raspberry Pi, though I don't have a Raspberry Pi to test or confirm this. Once you load the VI, does the LED start blinking as shown in the video?

Thanks,
JColvin

On 5/16/2018 at 7:58 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @mustafasei,

The video you linked to just shows how to install LabVIEW onto the Raspberry Pi; I believe the video you are thinking of is this one, https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:3-0:blink, around the 6:30 mark?

I imagine it shows Raspberry Pi 2 rather than Raspberry Pi 3 on your system because the two boards are so similar they were able to use much of the same configuration files; I will confirm this with somebody much more familiar with the LINX software though.

As for why changing from Digital Pin 7 to Digital Pin 8 did not work, I think that is because pin 8 on the header is actually UART receiver pin for UART0, so I don't think it can be readily toggled as an output.

I'm not certain why the LED is set to a logic high value prior to loading the VI; in general that would be due to a pre-loaded setting on the Raspberry Pi, though I don't have a Raspberry Pi to test or confirm this. Once you load the VI, does the LED start blinking as shown in the video?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi

Th e LED start to be continuous ON ( NOT Blinking )  before loading the VI and once the installation of labview complete on the RPI3

Archived