Configuring MIG for Arty board

maton

Question

Hey there,

I currently try to use the ddr memory on the arty board. Therefore you provide some files (I assume to configure the ddr within the MIG-7 IP) on your homepage. When I try to customize the MIG IP in my project (which is configured to the arty board, with the provided board files - Revision C - on your homepage), I try to load the provided .prj and .ucf file and the customization of the MIG-IP crashes. I googled the error and the xilinx homepage tells me the reason is that the artix-fpga on the arty board is not supported for MIG usage.

Can anybody help me with this issue or maybe provide me an example project using the ddr on the arty board?

EDIT: I use the vivado 15.2 design suite for development

Best regards,

Julian

3 answers to this question

Hi Julian,

Are you using the MIG files from the Wiki page? I was able to generate a memory interface with these files. You should be able to use the MIG with the Arty board.

Just to verify, when you open the MIG, you select "Verify Pin Changes and Update Design". Then the following screen you load the two files found in the zip from the Wiki page (should be a .prj and a .ucf). When you click Next, the MIG window crashes?

Thanks,

Tommy

Archived