Some question about Pmod dHB1

HJR

Question

Recently I am using a Pmod dHB1 motor adaptor. However, I found that when I just connect the motor to the dHB1, it will keep rotating in the full speedĀ at the condition that I have not connect the myrio to my computer and run the program. Thus, is that normal? I found there is a J9 pin in the adapter, which is for sleep function. Only I get a jumper on J9, can stop the beginning full speed rotating. Can you give me some advice? Thanks very much.

1 answer to this question

Hi @HJR,

If the motor is rotating, that will mean that the enable pin (pin 1 for Motor 1 on header J2, and pin 7 for Motor 2 on header J3) are either held at or pulled to a logic high voltage. J9 is actually the overcurrent condition pin (J10 is the sleep function), so pulling either of those low (by using a jumper to connect the pin to the adjacent ground pin) will stop the motor from moving.

In general, if you just connect the motor to the Pmod DHB1 and connect only power (no signals to the enable or direction pin), it should not run. I am not certain how the myRIO is set up so I can't fully speak on what might happen when it is connected.

Do you have anything connected to the screw terminals J5 and J6 and can you attach a picture of your setup?

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived