Waveforms For Linux

Alex

Question

Here is a good question from customer. Can you anyone help on this? 

My question then is. Since you ship the SDK for Linux. Is there any possibility/roadmap for a Linux port of the WaveForms application, making the device useful also on Linux workstations?

10 answers to this question

Hi,

I am personally not familiar with Linux so I do not know if this is the best answer to your question, but one of the other users on the Digilent Forum explained how they were successfully able to run Waveforms on the Linux machine. You can check out the forum thread ).

We are working on a new cross platform WaveForms software.

The beta version of this, supporting Windows, OS X and Linux, will be published soon.

Sounds like good news, any ETA on the beta? (I.e. what is soon? :) )

We are working on a new cross platform WaveForms software.

The beta version of this, supporting Windows, OS X and Linux, will be published soon.

I too am very interested in a cross platform version of WaveForms. I personally use a mac laptop most of the time, but my undergraduate and graduate students in the lab use Windows PCs. We have also used linux boxes in the past and probably will again in the future. In any case, it would be very helpful to be able to access Waveforms from any of the computers we use.

We have also started doing custom python scripts using the Waveforms SDK. Will the SDK also be available on all 3 platforms? This would really simplify our python development efforts.

As a final thought, another faculty member and I have seriously considered replacing a lot of our undergraduate lab equipment with an Analog Discovery for each student. Lack of cross platform support has been a big hindrance in moving this forward since our student population uses all 3 platforms.

The WaveForms-3 does not have yet all the features of WaveForms-2, but it supports: Windows, Linux 32/64bit and OS-X.

The SDK is supported on these platforms and on Linux ARM too.

To get the download link, please send an email to waveforms at digilentinc dot com

The WaveForms3 interface is compilable and running on Android. Of course it would need a bit of tweaking to be more usable on touch interface.

The larger work would be needed in porting the low level device access part.

We don't have plan for Android support yet.

Thank you for bringing up this question.

Archived