Using both hard processors in Zybo in parallel from Vivado

nicanor5

Question

Hello,

I'm developing a bare metal application in Zybo for a subject this semester and I want to run two tasks in parallel taking advantage of the dual processor in the Zynq.

I want to know how can I use the dual core capabilities of the Cortex A9 processor in the Zybo in a bare metal application, configuring it from Vivado.

I found this tutorial in Xilinx documentation but it uses the EDK instead of Vivado.

If you can lead me to more resources where I can learn how to do this I'll be really thankful.

Thank you very much.

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I think I've found a couple of solutions for what I need, the first one I have tried, the second one will try if the first one fails:

1. Create the functions you want to run in each CPU, they should have an infinite loop, and use function pointers to tell CPU1 where to start running as stated in the tutorial I already mentioned.

2.  Use the linker script to tell SDK where to put your programs, you know, the lscript.ld that SDK creates automatically. As I said, I haven't tried this one yet, I will if the first method fails for me.

I will also have to check more on this documentation, which is from the tutorial I pointed out in my first post, as they have updated to work with the most recent versions of Vivado.

Archived