Arty Board Definition incorrect

Michael Harpe

Question

I can confirm the problem with the Arty board definition being incorrect. I posted about this over at Avnet but there has been no response. I bought my board from them.

I am attaching the ZIP file that I loaded into Vivado per the instructions. This is a pain because it's hard to get a MicroBlaze design going with an error like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike Harpe N4PLE

arty.zip

4 answers to this question

Hey Michael,

The new board files can be found here https://reference.digilentinc.com/_media/vivado:board_files_09252015.zip You are looking for the arty/C.0 to replace your B.0 folder in your Vivado installation folder. You may need to delete the B.0 folder and restart Vivado

Hope this helps!

-Sam Lowe KG7VYM

Thanks Sam,

This appears to have solved my Arty connection problem as well, I am a complete Noob to all things Digilent and Vivado and I'm wondering if I am missing some critical piece of literature regarding the installation. I didn't even have an Arty folder under my Vivado installation. What did I not do properly? Once I put in the Arty board files, the Vivado hardware Manager autodetected the connection right away. I'm still concerned that Windows Device Manager has a problem with the "Digilent USB Device" and reports "No drivers are installed for this device". I am going to continue with the 7A35T_Arty_OOB_GPIO_demo_VIV2015_2 tutorial and see how it goes.

Bob

Hey Bob,

That's ok that you didn't have an ARTY folder. Vivado only comes with a couple of their dev. boards by default. 

It probably solved your connection issues because Vivado uses the board part in the board file to figure out who to talk to in the hardware manager. 

Good luck on the demo! 

-Sam

Archived