Atlys Platform Questions

DurhamHusker

Question

Thanks very much for providing the Atlys FPGA development system. My company has purchased several boardds for use in a proof of concept system. We have been having good luck with the platform and I have a few questions that pertain to using the Atlys in such a manner.

1) Are there 3D models or gerber files available for the Atlys PCB that we can import into our CAD system so as to design around the physical aspects of the Atlys board?

2) For future mass-produced systems we will create our own PCB with a Spartan 6 FPGA, DDR2, HDMI out, and USB components. As an addon to our question above, gerber files would also be helpful to us while laying out the DDR2 SDRAM portion of the design. Are gerbers or other CAD files available for use as a reference design for the printed circuit board?

3) Is there a PCB mount connector available that would mate with the VHDCI connector on the Atlys? We have a subsystem that would be best designed as a board that would mate directly to the Atlys via the VHDCI connector (bypassing any cabled solution).

Thanks very much in advance for any help with these questions.

Jon

1 answer to this question

For anyone interested, I emailed support. Following are the basic answers to my questions:

1. I was emailed a PNG file showing mechanical dimensions for the Atlys board. (See attached).

2. I was informed that Digilent policy is to not distribute gerber files.

3. This connector is available right on the Digilent website (which I missed): https://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,393,914&Prod=VHDCI-CONNECTOR

Thanks to Digilent support for answering my questions.

post-155-0-71421200-1416321547_thumb.png

Archived