macgyverque

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About macgyverque

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. @jpeyron Just checking in. I think the forum went down some time last week and I was pinging you to see if you had a chance to look over the attached system diagram and BSD. I've finally got a moment to jump back on this and will work on it later tonight. Thanks for your help
  2. Hey @jpeyron, thanks for spotting the post and verifying on your end. I ran the xintc_example and it actaully gets past the XIntc_SelfTest! Unfortunately, the program is stuck in the while loop waiting for the InterruptProcessed flag to be set. This is great progress though! Why do you think it may be getting stuck considering i'm using the base SDK and code? As an aside.. Not sure why i'm running into such odd issues. Almost want to compare this to the Pynq board to see if my board is somehow damaged, but the default bitstream that comes flashed on the ROM likely has interrupts
  3. Hello All, Have been attempting to enable interrupts on a project using the Arty and was running into issues with the intc_SelfTest failing. I loaded the Arty BSD from github thinking I had some issue with the project itself but am getting the same exact result. Any suggestions as to what I may need to change? I changed nothing in the BSD so I'm assuming it should be correct. Also followed multiple online tutorials and have been unable to solve the issue. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thx!
  4. @jpeyron Thanks a million! I was able to modify my project and get both UARTs working simultaneously!
  5. Ha! I just happened to click that and noticed it . Chomping at the bit to attack this again and replicate your results. I'll be back on shortly.
  6. @jpeyron Thank you so much for your time. I've been questioning the known universe trying to figure out why I can't send data out of a uart which is one of the simplest tasks to accomplish. I opened the project you attached last night and it upgraded the majority of the IP modules due to my version of Vivado being newer. I didn't observe the data being output on the TX line using my TTL/UART interface but I'll attribute that to an oversight on my end and will try again this evening and report back. One observation from your block diagram is that you have separate RX and TX lines com
  7. Trying to instantiate multiple UARTLite cores in a microblaze design using an Arty Board. For some reason, the output of both UARTLite modules is going through the same USB UART port as opposed to the second port I've configured. Any suggestions? [CONSTRAINTS] set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 [get_ports usb_uart_bc127_rxd] set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 [get_ports usb_uart_bc127_txd] set_property PACKAGE_PIN U11 [get_ports usb_uart_bc127_txd] set_property PACKAGE_PIN V16 [get_ports usb_uart_bc127_rxd] [SOURCE CODE] #include "xparameters.h" #include "xstatus.h"
  8. Hello, I've recently purchased a PYNQ-Z1 dev board and am working to follow the examples in the Adam's MicroZed Chronicles. I'm able to successfully create the reference design in Vivado consisting of only ZYNQ PS, generate bitstream, Export HW Design and also create software projects that run on the target device in the SDK via JTAG. When attempting to create the boot image and flash, I've been unable to get the anywhere via QSPI or by placing the .bin file directly on the SD card and using the SD boot option switch. Here are the steps I've taken thus far: