Sorry for not responding readily. I accidentally set it to not notify me upon response, and its been a while since I last pulled it back out. After pulling it back out, I found (to my horror) that I had left the USB plug in and the MicroUSB connection had been pulled off. Normally I'd be worried that this removed the contacts, but magically it appears that these are still connected, considering I was able to solder a new connector on and have the solder flow onto the contacts properly. It worked for a bit, but failed to connect about 30 minutes later.
OS: Windows 10 & Ubuntu
The computer recognizes that something is there in Windows, but it gives an error for "Unknown USB Device: Device Descriptor Request Failed", which I'm guessing means that the USB connection to the FTDI chip is not connecting as well as I'd like. Since it was working after the solder-job I think the solder was fine. Looking at the FTDI connections it doesn't appear as though I damaged them at all. (Although I did manage to kill the LED by attempting to power the unit with a power supply, and I tried to see if the LED worked without lowering the current limit from 500 mA, and I fried the LED. Replaced it, so that should be fine, but still giving the same error).