1bioKAT

Newcomers
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. @attila So it looks like it is the aspect of changing the "carrot" direction from the initial code. "<<" was working on "DIO 0", but all seem to work with ">>". Thanks for your help in this.
  2. @attila I believe I have attached the items you are asking for. If I have missed something that you need, please let me know. I added a custom pattern on channels 12 & 13 and have those wires directly connected to 2 & 3 respectively to act as another evaluation, but am not successfully getting steps on these. Thanks, 1bioKAT 2020-02-21_Encoder_Debug.dwf3work 2020-02-21_Encoder_Debug_Acquisition-Data.dwf3scopeacq 2020-02-21_Encoder_Debug.dwf3scope
  3. @attila I tried the new code that you sent and am still not getting proper results. With the newest code, I am getting a flatline (midway between 0&1 similar to "ignore"). When I add array index locations ('s) like what you had in some of the other code, I am back to getting similar results as before . Given the similarities in the new code to the old codes, I tried looking deeper to see if I could figure out anything that is causing me to not get steps, which I feel you are likely getting in your data/runs. With yesterday's tests, I was thinking that Encoder B "fB" was never
  4. @attila I tried several things yesterday and today as I feel the things that you pointed out should be getting me there, but for some reason I am still falling short. I feel like what we have in the code should be causing positive steps (cnt++) when Encoder B (DIO 1) = 0 at the rising edge of Encoder A (fA==1 && pA==0), and then causes negative steps (cnt--) when Encoder B (DIO 1) = 1 at the rising edge of Encoder A. I tried a few shifts in code including else statements instead of multiple stacked if's, but I'm not seeing any indication that the second scenario is ever eval
  5. Thanks @attila, The attached plots are from a different system, but gives some of the same information/idea. On the first plot, both position (orange) and force (blue) are plotted with respect to time. The second plot graphs force vs position. With the orange plot below, there is a constant speed in one direction and then a constant speed in the other direction (the slope would provide speed as you provided nicely with the (Rate/Encoder*60/6). While the rate is helpful for me, the actual step count provides me with better knowledge of what is happening (and if there is a correlation t
  6. Thanks @JColvin for the reply, In case it helps you, or your colleague when he returns, I am providing further information of what I have continued to try. With the Measurements tool, I can show the number of cycles seen by Encoder_A (red "A" == 667), but this shows the total number of steps on the oscilloscope screen or in a set memory window (from what I can tell), not the total accumulated step count or the step count at that time = n (continuing to increase over time if positive steps [n++], and decrease if negative steps [n--]...) which is more what I am looking for so that I ca
  7. I am trying to set up a motor's encoder to provide rotational angle as an analog signal that I can plot along with other monitored voltages/currents, etc on the Oscilloscope. With the encoder providing a digital signal, I have tried to modify a script used to provide numerical values of the relative step spacing into a pure step counts (I would then calibrate these degrees), but am having trouble with getting this code to work. Additionally, I am second guessing if I am looking at the game-plan properly as even though the code that I am modifying provides analog values, I am not able to get