First thing first. I am a starter in the fpga custom design. I have done few simple projects codes in Digilent virtex 5 board but now circumstances requires me to get more IO pins.
I will, in this section mention first what I am planning (English is not my first language sorry for any errors).
1) I am using XC6SLX9
2) Route the VCCAUX, VCCINT, GND, 100MHZ single ended clk.
3) Route out the JTAG pins (namely TMS, TDO, TDI, TCK)
4) I am using ISE 14.7
5) 1) I just want to generate gate signals.
In this section I shall lay out what help I want.
1) Is what I have done enough to program the spartan 6 device via JTAG? (I know it will be volatile)
2) Can I program it using the JTAG HS3 cable? (someone said that I need the platform cable to program and HS3 only works with series 7 ics, but platform cable would cost too much for me at this moment)
3) For a 14pins (7 pins in 2 row) JTAG connector, what other routing I need to consider from the FPGA (except the 4 JTAG pins mentioned in the previous section) .
Any other help or information that I need is extremely acknowledged.
FYI: I am also attaching an approximate final outcome that I want.