All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The USB-231 does not have PWM support, so no. Instead, please consider a USB-1608G or a USB-1808X. These two devices have a timer output that can be used for PWM.
  3. Today
  4. Dear attila, Thank you for your quick reply. I could make the wave form by your advice. Thank you so much.
  5. ¿Es posible generar una señal PWM con el hardware USB-231?
  6. Hi. I followed your guidelines and did the following changes in the design. The response of FFT is improved but not accurate. At first i was getting peak after 2 cycles but now its after about 10 to 11 cycles. Maybe I'm missing out some basic things to do this task. Kindly guide me about it.
  7. https://blog.csdn.net/m0_52850847/article/details/137159548 I also had the same problem with my Arty Z7 20 board. I found the solution as mentioned in above link. I need to change parameters of my Zynq PS system and I can now flash my boot image into on board flash memory.
  8. Hi @AlexMark6 You can use the Sweep mode or Amplitude Modulation or a custom waveform but this later one would be limited in resolution.
  9. Hi @AndyMessier See the following: ramp_test2.py
  10. I want to make a 2 step damping sine wave as below. 1st step is the amplitude increses linearly from 0 to 1. 2nd step is the amplitude decreses linearly from 1 to 0. Can I make such a wave form by Waveforms application for Analog Discovery2? If can, please teach me how to make, please.
  11. Hello, is it possible to get the "USB-1608GX: 16-bit, 500 kS/s Multifunction DAQ Device" as OEM board? In the online shop only "USB-1608G-OEM" and "USB-1608GX-2AO-OEM" are offered as OEM board. Regards
  12. Are there any tutorials on setting a counter with the Logic Analyzer? For example, we're setting up a decade counter (7490) and a BCD (7447) seven-segment display. For decade counter (clk) input, set a 1Hz and the Q0-3 as outputs. Please advise when you have time. Thanks Jeff
  13. Thanks. I appreciate your time.
  14. Yesterday
  15. I am unable to connect to the Arty S7 50 using a Xilinx programming cable. Vivado HW manager says no active target available. I need help determining what I am doing wrong. Thanks! - Xilinx Programming Cable is connected to the J9 with flyleads per the latest schematics Rev E.1 (12/13/17) which patches the board (marked Rev E). - Mode jumper is not installed so the board is not booting from QSPI - Board is powered using barrel jack with no USB cable connected and indicates power good. - Xilinx programming cable driver installed as it shows up as programming cable in device manager. - Cable indicator is green. HW manager returns the following information: connect_hw_server INFO: [Labtools 27-2285] Connecting to hw_server url TCP:localhost:3121 INFO: [Labtools 27-3415] Connecting to cs_server url TCP:localhost:3042 INFO: [Labtools 27-3414] Connected to existing cs_server. localhost:3121 open_hw_target {localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Xilinx/Port_#0005.Hub_#0001} INFO: [Labtoolstcl 44-466] Opening hw_target localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Xilinx/Port_#0005.Hub_#0001 ERROR: [Labtools 27-2269] No devices detected on target localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Xilinx/Port_#0005.Hub_#0001. Check cable connectivity and that the target board is powered up then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server to re-register this hardware target. ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'open_hw_target' failed due to earlier errors.
  16. The counter input uses a 50 MHz clock (20nS per tick) and counts repeatedly from the leading edge of your sensor's signal to the next lead edge. At 112,000 RPM (784k Hz), the ideal count is 63.75, 784,000 Hz. However, in the real world, the count may be only 60 or 833,333.3 Hz. There will be more errors in the upper frequencies because the counter input has less time to count. With that said, could you review the attached VI? It will demonstrate a better (more straightforward) way to measure frequency. You can ignore the counter output (TMR0) I used for a test signal. ULx Meas Dig Freq-Buffered-Cont-test.vi
  17. tato0316

Zybo Z7 SD Card Pins

Hey there, I am currently working on a project that runs a simple CPU on the Zybo Z7 FPGA. I used generated code from a previous project as a starting point, so I do not have any Block Design sources at all, only Verilog source code. I want to be able to read a .txt file with machine code from an SD Card in order to control the buttons and LEDs on the board. I am currently trying to locate information on how to configure the SD card pins in the design constraints file (Zybo-Z7-Master.xdc). I am hoping to find information for what to set the value of PACKAGE_PIN for MIO pins 40-45 and 47. I am struggling to find an example of configuring any MIO pins in the .xdc file, and am hoping to avoid using any Block Design sources as this would be very difficult to integrate into my project in its current state. TLDR: Looking for what to put for <pin number> for MIO pins 40-45 and 47 on Zybo Z7 board in master.xdc set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN <pin_number> IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports <port_name>];
  18. Hi @rpatel, I received confirmation from the design engineer that all of the needed decoupling is built into the SMT4 module, so you will not need to implement anything extra for that. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, JColvin
  19. Thanks Attila. I have something running but I'm not sure how to implement that hold function properly ... In this code example it seems that the hold function works, but then when I play the next waveform there is a 200us glitch before it plays my samples (see the scope shot). def play_waveform(y): ts = 1/fs hzFreq = 1 / (len(y)*ts) cSamples = len(y) channel = c_int(0) rgdSamples = (c_double * len(y))(*y) dwf.FDwfDeviceAutoConfigureSet(hdwf, c_int(0)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutModeSet(hdwf, channel, DwfAnalogOutIdleHold) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutIdleSet(hdwf, c_int(0), DwfAnalogOutIdleHold) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutNodeEnableSet(hdwf, channel, AnalogOutNodeCarrier, c_int(1)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutNodeFunctionSet(hdwf, channel, AnalogOutNodeCarrier, funcCustom) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutNodeDataSet(hdwf, channel, AnalogOutNodeCarrier, rgdSamples, c_int(cSamples)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutNodeFrequencySet(hdwf, channel, AnalogOutNodeCarrier, c_double(hzFreq)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutNodeAmplitudeSet(hdwf, channel, AnalogOutNodeCarrier, c_double(3.3)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutRunSet(hdwf, channel, c_double(1.0/hzFreq)) dwf.FDwfAnalogOutConfigure(hdwf, channel, c_int(1)) ramp_test.py
  20. The RPM sensor is the second group in the code with the ULx library. There is another flow meter being used on a seperate DAQ. I have changed the RPM 1080x to a seperate program and have recieved similar results.
  21. The rpm sensor has 7 pulses per revolution. My measurement range for rpm is 0-112,000 rpm Right now I have been able to measure 40,000 rpm before the labview script stops printing the data. At this rate, the DAQ is sampling about 4,666 pulses per second. At max rpm of 112,000, the sampling rate should be 13,000 pulses per second. I attached a copy of the script I am running. I am having the DAQ pick up the falling edge of the sensor. I am not sure if there somehting I have to unlock to obtain the faster sampling rate?
  22. Hi, I have used a USB-TC device before and didn't have any trouble. Recently, while running an experiment, the computer gave me an error and said it didnt recognize the usb connection to the USB-TC device anymore. Tried many times to run instacal on it, but it simply didn't even detect it. Found another USB-TC in my lab and connected it successfully, only to fail after half an hour of running and now instacal can see it, but calibration fails, configuration gets hung up, unusable. I installed instacal in another computer that had never had it installed to test if my lab computer is creating an issue. Got same results for both devices. Is there a way to troubleshoot/repair/reset these devices, please?
  23. JColvin Thank you for your support. Mine is working as well. It did require a lot of force to push it in the first time. I was hesitant to do that since I also got the BNC adapter and this one was quite simple to plug in. (Only a bit of force). I didn't want to break my brand new oscilloscope :) It is working perfectly now Fabio
  24. No charge, use the following public activation key: ALYGP-Q889C-TY5X6-MZFWM-75LLG
  25. Thank you for letting me know. Is there a cost associated with the DAQami software?
  26. Hi @VictorV, I wanted to let you know that we have reproduced this issue and have reached out internally to get some additional information about this. Thanks, JColvin
  27. Hello is there a requirement or recommendation for decoupling capacitors for the JTAG-SMT4 module?
  1. Load more activity