All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Kevin.C I don't see it for WaveForms 3.22.2 but the public key should be the same as the one used for Adept so please try that one. @attila did you go back and sign and re-upload the existing stable release of WaveForms for Linux or are you only signing new releases?
  3. Hey @malexander, just now seeing this! I'm unable to where exactly this is available after surfing through multiple download pages. Could you provide a link for Digilent Waveforms?
  4. Today
  5. Since SHA1 is not secure & and it's disabled by default in centos 9 and later, could we get the beta packages / next major release to be signed with SHA256 instead of SHA1? Thank you for your guys help!
  6. Hello, I am able to run a SPI example in python and I am trying convert the program into labview using functions from WaveForms™ SDK. I am running into a problem with: rgbTX = (c_ubyte*4)(0x00,0x40,0x00,0x01) rgbRX = (c_ubyte*4)(0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00) # cDQ 1 MOSI/MISO, 8bit words, MOSI words, MISO words dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiWriteRead(hdwf, c_int(1), c_int(8), rgbTX, c_int(len(rgbTX)), rgbRX, c_int(len(rgbRX))) I am having a hard time defining rgbTX and rgbRX in labview. I've tried this below but it doesnt work.
  7. Since I haven't heard back, I kept digging. I am using Waveforms in demo mode. As you stated, I have 2 options - 1) Use waveforms with one of the analog devices, 2) Use Digital Discovery and play from the internal buffer. Option #1: First I tried the AD3 demo device, using the 'wavegen' tab. By exporting a file and looking at it, reading the forums, I was able to figure out the proper data format of the file. I was able to create my own file and import it for playback successfully. So I am OK for creating a file for importing into the AD3 buffer and playing it out of the buffer. The file I created is a text file. But since the buffer is quite small, I want to be able to get the streaming output option working for the AD3. I am only running the sample rate at 1Mhz, so I am hoping that the 32kB buffer can keep up. How do I initiate the streaming option? What format is it expecting? Is it just streaming the same text file as I would use for importing? Is there an option for streaming binary data, since this will reduce the traffic? How do I handle over running the buffer? What is the flow control mechanism? Is all of this handled in Waveforms? Option #2: I changed the demo device to Digital Discovery and went to the 'Patterns' tab. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get to the custom waveform or import screens as shown in the 'Digital Pattern Generator' section of https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-3/reference-manual. Can you tell me how to do this? I want to verify I can load a big file into memory and play it back with DD3.
  8. Hi - I have a USB-3100FS that sends out 3 analog outputs. They go to 2 places, one is a recording device that samples at 30 kHz and another is to a breakout box attached to a MCC PCIe-DAS1602/16 board via its analog inputs (which I use for real time sampling to control an experiment). What I see is the following - when I run code on the computer with the PCIe-DAS1602 board that samples slowly (let's say 10 Hz), everything is fine and I have no issues. However, when I sample rapidly (let's say 10kHz) from two or more of the outputs of the USB-3100FS, I see noise on all of the lines from which I sample (which makes it to the recording device, and I can see it in real time). So essentially, rapid sequential sampling from the USB-3100FS outputs introduces noise. This is entirely predictable from code. If I don't run the code on the PCIe-DAS1602 to do the sampling, everything is fine. As soon as I sample quickly (and it has to be going back and forth between 2 or more channels, and doing it fast) the problem is introduced. The question is this - is there something I should do to remove this noise? My suspicion is that I need to setup better grounding between my devices, potentially making sure the USB-3100FS and the PCIe-DAS1602 are grounded together. But I'm not sure and would like some guidance. Thanks!
  9. Per title. I see that the public signature is 134da9ebeb58bc22 from running: `rpm -qip *`, warning: digilent.waveforms_beta_3.22.15.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID eb58bc22: NOKEY Name : digilent.waveforms Version : 3.22.15 Release : 1 Architecture: x86_64 Install Date: (not installed) Group : Engineering/misc Size : 68151327 License : see /usr/share/doc/digilent-waveforms/copyright Signature : RSA/SHA1, Tue Apr 2 09:55:35 2024, Key ID 134da9ebeb58bc22 Source RPM : digilent.waveforms-3.22.15-1.src.rpm Build Date : Tue Apr 2 09:55:17 2024 Build Host : attila-u16-64 Summary : Digilent WaveForms But I've been unable to locate where the public key GPG is. So three main questions: 1. What is the GPG public key for x86_64 beta version: 3.22.15 for Digilent Waveforms? 2. How can I validate that the public key is the right one with a package? 3. How can I find the corresponding GPG public keys for other future beta releases? Thank you for the help!
  10. Please review the following forum thread regarding Raspberry PI 5 support.
  11. Thanks for your help so far. We upgraded to a Pi 4 and it works now. I downloaded the Waveforms SDK and tried some of the test python scripts. Some work, others result in a segmentation fault. One that works is the test_temperature.py, which appears to measure the board temperature of the the Discovery. For some of the others, I stepped through the python code and when the device is opened, the device name is blank. I also see an enumeration in device.py that does not include the "Analog Discovery 3", which is what I have. What is the device name that is supposed to be reported with this device? Have the test scripts been updated for the 3 model or do I need another version of the SDK? From device.py: device_names = [("Analog Discovery", constants.devidDiscovery), ("Analog Discovery 2", constants.devidDiscovery2), ("Analog Discovery Studio", constants.devidDiscovery2), ("Digital Discovery", constants.devidDDiscovery), ("Analog Discovery Pro 3X50", constants.devidADP3X50), ("Analog Discovery Pro 5250", constants.devidADP5250)] Thanks for any help.
  12. Hello, How do you calculate the energy of a pulse in the scope part of AD3. In my Keysight scope I use a meassurement caled "Area under curve" function and zoom in to the area I want to calculate. Br Leif G
  13. What have you tried? What issues have you encounter? The process is documented here https://docs.amd.com/r/2023.1-English/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide/petalinux-boot-jtag-Options
  14. The PersonalDaq 54, 55, and 56 do not support Windows 10 or 11. However, some of our customers have found ways to make them work. One tip I have found is to ensure the computer's hardware has the latest updates from the manufacturer. This is especially true for new computers, which often ship with outdated firmware. I have also found that some manufacturers do not make drivers available for Windows 10 or 11 that run on older hardware. I have a Dell Precision 5820 desktop with Windows 11 that works with the PersonalDaqs, so it can work.
  15. I have a very similar issue with MCC 128. I am using Raspberry Pi 5 and my DAQ card only works immediately after firmware update. However, after every restart the card is recognised, but not communication is possible until the firmware update. You can see the situation before and after the firmware update in the attached picture. I have tried with a fresh OS installation (Raspberry Pi OS), but the behaviour is identical.
  16. Hello @fdix. Please uninstall Data Translation's QuickDAQ software via Windows Control Panel. Run appwiz.cpl to access the Control Panel. Next, download and install Data Translation's OMNI software, which includes QuickDAQ. Does the new installation resolve your issue? Regards, Fausto
  17. Thank you for your prompt response. I'm running PostView but encountering the following issue. Apologies for the confusion, i guess the issue lies with DaqView and not PostView? The PC currently in use shows the device as recognized: The PC we are migrating to does not recognize the device, it only show the two simulated devices: Is there a reason why the new Win11 PC doesn't pick up the device?
  18. I am trying to connect my GENESYS ZU 5EV board with host linux PC via ethernet connection .but i am getting error in PC "ACTIVATION OF NETWORK CONNECTION FAILED"
  19. Hi @AndayLe The FDwfAnalogImpedancePeriodSet is for different purpose.
  20. Hi @attila Thankyou for your reply. Actually my goal is to make a GUI it have to continuously plot 1.1 Mhz sine burst mode signal. So I made a qt gui, and I tried with acqmodescanshift. FDwfAnalogInAcquisitionModeSet(hdwf, 1); // acqmodeScanShift In this if I want to increase the time limit, then I have to increase buffer size, so the system is crashing that time. Can you assist me in finding the best method for continuously plotting a signal, and advise on the logic typically used for continuous plotting? Thank you.
  21. Hi @CAM C The record mode uses data streaming. Since it doesn't know when the trigger will arrive it starts streaming immediately and stop after the given 'length'. This is why the samples collected in the software buffer need to be aligned at the end, see AnalogIn_Record_Trigger.py example. With position 0 the streaming starts with the trigger. The acqmode single returns a buffered aligned capture, up to maximum sample rate and device buffer size.
  22. Hi @malb Currently the latest build for ARM Linux is 3.22.15
  23. Hi @fahiz @Fausto Why are you limited to 0.2 sec ? with 1.5M samples and 1.5MHz capture rate the span in 1sec If you are interested in peaks you can use min/max sampling mode (FDwfAnalogInChannelFilterSet), less samples and lower frequency. The sampling rate should be at least 4 times than signal frequency, otherwise you see aliasing. https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labwindows-cvi/page/advancedanalysisconcepts/aliasing.html
  24. Hi @artvvb. I hope you are doing fine. I am looking forward for the response of the question. Thank you
  25. I have had trouble getting the QuickDAQ software to run. Even with a fresh install of Win 10 Pro the software will not start. I get the following error in the logs. Does anybody have any pointers? Thanks! Faulting application name: QuickDAQ.exe, version: 3.7.0.46, time stamp: 0x5819fd20 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3803, time stamp: 0x4f196cbf Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x0013f932 Faulting process ID: 0x1de0 Faulting application start time: 0x01da8f3850926d8f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Data Translation\QuickDAQ\QuickDAQ.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report ID: 4d99ce8d-f197-405e-b1c5-dde5f2959705 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
  26. Hey @JColvin, thanks for the response here! One last question: Where could I find the corresponding public key that I can use to verify that the signed beta versions were signed? Looking for a GPG key here
  27. What is the maximum logging frequency in the SD card for the four channels of the DAQ MCC WebDAQ 504?
  1. Load more activity