All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi @ankit24, My name is Britt, I am on the team that manages Multisim Live. I've reached out to you via email to help solve the issue. Please continue this conversation there. -Britt
  3. On our older machine we have 2 DT9812. Each card has 1 AI, AO, and counter. The counter uses the CounterTimerSubsystem with the following configuration. ctSS = device.CounterTimerSubsystem(0); ctSS.CounterMode = CounterMode.Measure; ctSS.StopEdge = EdgeSelect.GateFalling; ctSS.StartEdge = EdgeSelect.GateRising; ctSS.DataFlow = DataFlow.Continuous; ctSS.Clock.Source = ClockSource.Internal; ctSS.Clock.Frequency = 5000; ctSS.MeasureDoneEvent += CtSS_MeasureDoneEvent; Our new machine will need 3 counters, and up to 5 AI. However, the analog input isn't a solid requirement. We can read those elsewhere if necessary. I am aware I'll need to rewrite my code to use the universal library. That won't be an issue, as long as the driver can raise an event when the counter increments. Is there a reason so many DT models say "Not recommended for new applications."? If we knew why, we might be more inclined to use them.
  4. Today
  5. Hi @rpatel, For the SMT4, I have been informed that the worst case for Vdd is 115 mA and the typical usage is 90 mA with JTAG running at max speed and UART running at 1 MBaud. The Vref current at 30 MHz is 12.5 mA typical and 35 mA max (unless you short the outputs, then Vref would probably peak out around 170 mA). You didn't ask about minimums, but when the USB controller is held in reset, the current consumption is ~20 mA. When it comes out of reset and enumerates on the bus it's ~87.5 mA. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, JColvin
  6. @bsee, You have an existing application with the DT9812-10V, which is still available. How is the DT9812 used in the existing application, i.e. number of channels, sampling rate, subsystems? This information is necessary to match to an equivalent MCC device. Note that moving over to a MCC device will require rewriting your application with the MCC Universal Library.
  7. Hi @Kevin.C, 3.22.19 is an "official" beta build (https://forum.digilent.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/) as opposed to a formal release (though the difference between a beta build and a formal release mostly boils down to the amount of documentation involved along extra hunting for bugs). I do not anticipate a formal release version to be made for at least a couple of months; it depends when a new Digilent Test and Measurement device comes out, but I have not seen any announcements as of yet. I will make a note to ping you once a release version has been made. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, JColvin
  8. Hi @ankit24 I've reached out to our software team to see if we can track down your issue. Thanks for reaching out. Best, Arthur
  9. The old machine used DT-Open layers. However, we're building a new machine, and these machines tend to last 20+ years. We're concerned about using a board that "isn't recommended for new applications" on a new machine. That's why I'm asking if the Universal Library can raise an event when a counter is incremented. If it can, that expands the range of products that might work for us. If not, I need to recommend to my electrical engineer to only select from your DT product range.
  10. Thanks @JColvin. Do you know what the typical and max current usage is of the JTAG-SMT4 module?
  11. Following up to see if anyone has any details about the typical and max current usage of the JTAG-SMT4 module.
  12. Information about how to repair a USB-TC is not readily available, but I might be able to have them repaired. Please send me a private message with both device serial numbers and your phone/email/shipping address. The repair process takes 4-5 weeks. If it can be repaired, my customer service department will contact you.
  13. You can add (+) another AXI GPIO to your block diagram, similar to how it was done for the button in https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/getting-started-with-ipi. Name the (make) external connection pio instead of btn. Constrain the desired IO pins as pio_tri_io[0]...pio_tri_io[7]. Name the block AXI_GPIO_PIO and finish the build by running block automation. Follow the guide to create the HDL header, generate the bit stream, and export the design wrapper. In your SDK app, add the following, like it was done for the buttons and LEDs. #define PIO_ID XPAR_AXI_GPIO_PIO_DEVICE_ID #define PIO_CHANNEL 1 #define PIO_MASK 0b11111111 cfg_ptr = XGpio_LookupConfig(PIO_ID); XGpio_CfgInitialize(&pio_device, cfg_ptr, cfg_ptr->BaseAddress); XGpio_SetDataDirection(&pio_device, PIO_CHANNEL, 0); //output //update the first eight GPIOs. XGpio_DiscreteWrite(&pio_device, PIO_CHANNEL, pio_data);
  14. Hello @bsee. The DT9812-10V (Digilent SKU: 6069-410-131) is still available for purchase. The MCC Universal Library for Windows software does not support Data Translation (DT) devices. DT devices use DT-Open Layers library (OMNI Software). The DT9812-10V supports event counting, as do various MCC devices if the decision is to migrate over to other devices and API library. Which DT API was used to develop the application, DataAcq SDK or DT-Open Layers for .NET? Regards, Fausto
  15. `rpm -qip digilent.waveforms_beta_3.22.19.x86_64.rpm` warning: digilent.waveforms_beta_3.22.19.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID eb58bc22: NOKEY Name : digilent.waveforms Version : 3.22.19 Release : 1 Architecture: x86_64 Install Date: (not installed) Group : Engineering/misc Size : 68199451 License : see /usr/share/doc/digilent-waveforms/copyright Signature : RSA/SHA256, Tue Apr 23 11:54:07 2024, Key ID 134da9ebeb58bc22 Source RPM : digilent.waveforms-3.22.19-1.src.rpm Build Date : Mon Apr 22 09:47:27 2024 Build Host : attila-u16-64 Summary : Digilent WaveForms Description : Digilent WaveForms Application, Runtime and SDK. Support for Digilent Scopes & Instruments products. looks fine to me! is this the official 3.22.19 release?
  16. Update - tried a newer DLC10 USB programming cable as per the GRMON3-UM page 40, but this still fails. Also ran the libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe tool per GRMON3-UM to install the Xilinx programming cable but GRMON still fails. FYI - I am using W10.
  17. @Kevin.C Can you try this one and let me know if it works: https://digilent.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/Software/Waveforms3Beta/3.22.19/digilent.waveforms_beta_3.22.19.x86_64.rpm Thanks, Michael
  18. Hi! Following up here -- let me know if I can help answer any more questions! Thank you guys so much for the help here. @JColvin @attila @malexander
  19. Hello, I have a zybo z7-20 that is no longer recognized by vivado. Would it be possible to get instructions on factory resetting the board? Thank you, Eric
  20. Thank you so much for your time! This is working great.
  21. The USB-1608GX-OEM board was discontinued and is no longer available. The recommended replacement is the USB-1608GX-2AO-OEM.
  22. The BASYS 3 FPGA board has a 100 MHz system clock, so updating the PMOD interface at 25 MHz should be possible.
  23. The USB-231 does not have PWM support, so no. Instead, please consider a USB-1608G or a USB-1808X. These two devices have a timer output that can be used for PWM.
  24. Dear attila, Thank you for your quick reply. I could make the wave form by your advice. Thank you so much.
  25. ¿Es posible generar una señal PWM con el hardware USB-231?
  26. Hi. I followed your guidelines and did the following changes in the design. The response of FFT is improved but not accurate. At first i was getting peak after 2 cycles but now its after about 10 to 11 cycles. Maybe I'm missing out some basic things to do this task. Kindly guide me about it.
  1. Load more activity