All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi @dale_b_cooper There should be no glitch in such transition. Could you attach a screenshot with your Pattern Generator setup ?
  3. Today
  4. Hi @jack1 Try to use newer software version which detects powering problems during initial configuration, voltage drop resets some ICs, which can lead to bad capture.
  5. Hi @attila, Exactly, as you can see when 'Debug with Logic Analyzer' the script finds that all devices/addresses are connected to the bus, which is false. This only works correctly when you disable 'Debug with Logic Analyzer'. Is this a known issue? shouldn't be possible to run the script correctly even when logic analyzer is enabled?
  6. I use Waveforms (digital pattern generator) of the Digital Discovery V1 (DigDisc). I setup one DIO (e.g. #27) to be a tri-state pin with 1.8V. I also attached a 1.8kOhm resistor to Vio (alternatively an externa voltage source). The issue occurs when a '1' is actively driven driven by the DigDisc and i then switch to 'Z' (tri-state). Then I see a short dip towards ground. This dip gets deeper the higher the DIO drive is set. When using the minimum of 2mA the dip is about 600mV. Since there is an external pull-up the only explanation for this dip is that the DigDisc shortly drives the DIO low for an unknown reason instead of simply releasing the DIO. Now how to overcome this issue? Any thought is appreciated. Matt
  7. Hi @qwertylex, If you don't mind me asking, what type of data are you wanting to be able to stream at high rates for all four channels (or at least faster than the 40 - 70 MB/s offered by the ADP3450) instead of just capturing a comparatively smaller amount of data around a trigger condition? Knowing this will let Digilent make more informed decisions for future products as well as being able to sway stakeholders (via known application usage) on what hardware features are worth keeping in the final design despite their higher costs. Thanks, JColvin
  8. I'm using a powered USB 2.0 hub. The problem seems to be somewhat erratic. Sometimes I can clear the error by plugging the AD3 into a motherboard 3.0 USB port, sometimes not. I haven't tried a different a USB cable. I can't use your supplied cable as all my ports are looking for type A connections. I'm using the AD3 as a Logic Analyzer. At one point I noticed that I was getting clearly bad data (erradic logic pulses) displayed on Waveforms by the AD3, so I cycled power on the AD3 and it then threw a PLL error. After several attempts to cycle power, plugging into the MB port or hub port, the error was cleared and data display became reasonable again. I know the data was bad because it was generated by an Arduino and I was independently monitoring the data via the Arduino's serial link. I'll get a USB A to C adapter so I can try your supplied cable, or a whole new cable. The real thing that worries me is the fact that the AD3 started behaving erratically, without throwing any errors. I suspect these problems are related. Jack
  9. Hi @qwertylex The simple answer is costs. The ADP3X50's special feature is the embedded mode. An after release update for this device lets you perform deep captures (128M samples) and memory segmentation (64k captures <1us latency), similar to ADP2230, just the transfer is a (bit) slower. Edit: WaveForms application lets you use two identical devices in dual mode. This way, with two AD3s or ADP2230s you can have 4 scope channel. This mode has some limitations but it is usable for channel expansion.
  10. Instacal is showing a MAC address of 00:80:2F:30:37:63, I don't see anything labeled serial number in the instacal software. I've also attached pictures of the numbers found on the backside of the board and numbers on a sticker on the front side. Thank you
  11. Hi @wolfie This sample rate is on the limit to work with data streaming. You could try Sync mode, specify I2C CLK either edge and informative rate for representation, but capture may be corrupt.
  12. Hello @totino. What is the serial number on the backside of the device or as shown in InstaCal, if detected by the software? Reply with images if unsure what is the serial number of the device. Regards, Fausto
  13. Hello @Rakesh. Thank you for testing. I will send you a private message regarding the repair service. Regards, Fausto
  14. Hello @rakeshaashay. After solving for two equations and two unknown variables, the multiplier is 2.525 and the offset is -2.625. In DAQami, select the Channels tab and then select Custom units. DAQami allows a user to enter their custom units; in this case I entered bar. Then enter the calculated multiplier and offset values. Regards, Fausto
  15. Hello, I am aware the SC-1608 is now an obsolete component, but I was curious if you offer any sort of RMA/repair services for damaged boards?
  16. Hello Fausto, I did as you instructed, but in InstaCal, the first two channels reported the same code -9000, for the remaining six channels the connected thermocouple is working, the snapshot is attached. When I tried to access this unit via DAQami, it did not respond. An error menu appeared "An unknown error has occured. The specified channel is invalid, the snapshot is attached. In DAQami I have not enabled channels 0 and 1 which issued the code -9000
  17. Hi Attila, This is amazing, thank you for creating this pass / fail masks this will be an awesome feature for automotive diagnostics. I'm just so impressed with how quickly you are able to turn things around and waveforms is the only software that I'm aware of in which you are actually able to submit enhancements and ideas and they are implemented in sometimes a couple of days or less it's just unheard of. You are a prodigy developer.
  18. I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce the problem based on your information.
  19. Hello @ClintW. The MCC PCIe-DIO96H and PCI-DAS-1602/16 boards are not supported by MCC's UL for Linux. Supported hardware list: https://files.digilent.com/manuals/Linux-hw.pdf Linus support for both boards is available via a Third-Party. https://digilent.com/reference/software/linux-support-for-mccdaq/start GitHub: https://github.com/wjasper/Linux_Drivers Regards, Fausto
  20. Hi @fedeci If it does not recover after a few range toggles, Channel 2 Range between 500mV/div and 1V/div, the relay is probably bad. For warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent @ ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.
  21. Hi @Al B. I managed to reproduce this, once. I'm working on it.
  22. Hello @Rakesh. Please reference the following forum post for a description of errors -9000 and -9999. In InstaCal, select only those channels with a connected thermocouple. Use one thermocouple to test one channel at a time; select only the connected channel. If InstaCal continues to report these error codes, then the USB-TC should be serviced. Regards, Fausto
  23. thanks for the input and additional links, the one referring to the dt seems to be barking up the right tree but I don't really have any experience in making changes ta this level yet. I have the IIC integrated into the block design as you showed with your previous post and now SCL and SDA don't sit high which I didnt expect... I found this after reading through one of the links you shared: https://www.adiuvoengineering.com/post/microzed-chronicles-petalinux-i2c-in-the-ps-and-axi-iic and am going down this route now... thanks again for the input, I post up if I get anything working...
  24. Hi @jenga Yes, Linux ARM64, MacOS ARM64, Windows (11) ARM64
  25. Hi @Ody101 The following ICs are first the supply path: Q1 NTLUS3A18PZTCG IC20 ADP7118ACPZN-R7 IC12 MP8756GD
  1. Load more activity