All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. its not detected by waveforms or windows device manager.
  3. I am trying to figure out the pin functions on both the Zedboard and KC705 boards, and was wondering if there was a document that explains the functions of the pins based on their names.
  4. Hi @Allan Flippin, The USB UART connector/programming circuit on the Arty works with microblaze allowing you to debug in SDK. If you were wanting to use the JTAG HS2 as an alternative for configuring/debugging and running an application for the Arty in SDK you can do that to. I just made a simple GPIO/uart project using the JTAG HS2/JTAG connector to program the fpga and run the application which worked with one exemption. Using the JTAG HS2 did not facilitate a com port for serial communication. best regards, Jon
  5. jpeyron

Vivado free for Artix-7?

Hi @TerryS, Glad to hear you were able to get Vivado downloaded , installed and get through the "blinky" tutorial! Thank you for sharing what you had to do to get this done. best regards, Jon
  6. Thank you very much for your reply! My teacher asked me to modify the Makefile and then use the cross-compilation toolchain to compile the WiFi driver. For example, modify CC=gcc, AR=ar, KSRC, ARCH etc. My teacher limited me to make the WiFi AP in the above way, even though I have been able to configure the wifi driver in the Petalinux-config -c kernel to make the RT3070 as a WiFi AP easily. Can you give me some advice on the wireless network card model? I have tried RT3070, RT5572, RTL8812au, MT7601
  7. There have been other cases like this. The best solution is to use a high speed (good quality) USB cable. https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/4769-vivado-hardware-manager-disconnects-cmod-a7-target-in-win7/ https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/17435-unstable-usb-connection-with-cmod-a7-35t/ https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/9766-digilent-cmod-a7-disconnects-andor-does-not-program/
  8. Hi @Kris Persyn, I'm glad to hear you were able to get the HDMI project up and running. Thank you for sharing what you had to do! best regards, Jon
  9. I'm trying to run the PMOD SD IP core on a Nexys 4 DDR, using simple drag and drop from the board tap. I also add a microblaze and an UARTlite for communication. I wish to run the SDK (autogenerated) example of the SD PMOD IP core. I have used the same approach with the OLED and several other PMOD and it worked out fine. But with the SD card it fails, I get these critical warnings. I am surprised there is a problem at all, since I only used the PmodSD IP core, written by Digilent. See below. The file of concern below: Thanks for any help!
  10. @dcc, This is really the backwards way to get something like this going. You should be proving your design in simulation before jumping into a design on hardware. Let me offer you an alternative. Here is a Verilog driver for talking to an SD card using SPI. If you have already chosen to use the AXI bus, you can find an AXI-lite to WB bridge here that will allow you to talk to this core. Even if you already have a driver you like, this documentation for this one describes how to set up the SD card to where you can talk to it, and provides examples of how to read and write sectors. Even better, there's a piece of C++ code which can be used as a simulator with Verilator. (Not sure if this would work with MicroBlaze or not.) You can then use Linux tools, such as mkfatfs and such, to create a file with a FAT format that you can use as a "simulated" SD card. When the simulation isn't running, you can mount the card on your system and check out/modify the files, and so know that things will work (based upon your experience with simulation) once you finally switch to hardware. Indeed, if you are willing to accept the risks, you could even interact with your SD card from the simulation environment itself. If you want an example of a set up that would control the SD card interface from a ZipCPU, you can check out the ZBasic repository which has such a simulation integrated into it. Indeed, there's even an sdtest.c program that can be used for that purpose. As for reading and comprehending the FAT filesystem, there's a FATFS repository that is supposedly good for use with embedded software. I haven't tried it, so I can't comment upon it that much. Alternatively, if you can control how the file system is laid out, you should be able to place a file of (nearly) arbitrary length a couple of sectors into the FS, and force the file to be use contiguous sectors. If you do that, then you've dealt with the most complicated parts about reading from the SD card. Just my two cents, and some thoughts and ideas along the way. Dan
  11. Hi @fangzr, I am not familiar with RTL8812au, but I managed to set up a ath9k dongle driver for the Zybo Z7-20 with petalinux. For the ATH9K it's easier because it has the driver in the kernel you just need to activate it. Regarding the RTL8812au all I can tell you from experience is that some Wireless dongles need additional firmware, like the ATH9K, which will be loaded in to the wireless automatically over USB, provided you set up your USB port to identify mass storage devices. These should be copied in to the corresponding folder on the rootfs of your target. Another critical issue is the driver dependencies, some Wireless drivers need to have certain Kernel drivers loaded in order for them to work, like the MAC80211 stack in the Kernel for instance. Please make sure that your driver is not depended on anything else. Based on the log you have sent us, I would start with this. -Ciprian
  12. thank you. I am not a very sophisticated programmer, but anyway I will let you know what sampling rate I achieved after doing it.
  13. Hi @JColvin, Thanks for the response ... I managed to figure it out eventually ... It's an HDL only project. Using Chipscope I was seeing that I could write different data (up/down count, etc) starting from address 0 and read that back correctly, but every time I opened the same SD on PC it wanted to format it. I was messing with the file system (which I don't need actually). HxD allows you to "opendisk" regardless of the file system, and also raw disk edit ... I found it on an MIT course. It's does the job. best, DCC
  14. vicentiu

Nexys A7 not working

Can you try connecting it to a different system, preferably a desktop? We have seen laptop usb ports that don't give enough power. Can you also try with another USB cable? Do you have access to a power supply to see if it turns on when supplied with external power?
  15. asd123

Nexys A7 not working

it is powered over USB, none of the led's on.
  16. Hello all who are reading this. I managed to get it working with this timing block. Constraints files can be found in the repository. Enjoy.
  17. asd123

Nexys A7 not working

it is powered over USB, none of the led is on.
  18. As @xc6lx45 recommends, can you try the board on another system with a different cable and see if you reproduce the issue? Do you have any other fpga board you can try on that system and see if Hardware Manager recognizes it?
  19. Hi, the difference may be that this board is bus powered. Most likely the USB cable and / or the PC side USB hardware are at fault, even if they work with other boards.There can be supply issues that border on Voodoo, e.g. caused by permanent changes in polyfuses on the host after tripping them once. You cannot "prove" that a cable etc works by testing it with another device (not stating this as a philosophical concept but as a lesson learned the hard way with a unit that went to customers...) If you would rig up a debug cable with an amperemeter in +5V, you would probably observe that the FT2232H USB chip draws ~80 mA once it's initialized by the driver, and this drops to zero when the chip decides USB is bad and it shuts down. There is AFAIK nothing that can be done about this in software or configuration.
  20. vicentiu

Nexys A7 not working

Is it powered over USB, or an external power supply? Are any of the led's on? Can you send us a picture so we can see the jumper positions?
  21. Followed your instructions and was able to obtain a screen shot of the failed connect process. Attaching it herewith .. Please let me know the next step. And just FYI, even now if I disable WiFi on my laptop, I can connect to the Localhost: 42315 server. Of course it uses the default profile for this.
  22. Timing sequence should be fine now (feel free to test out with this testbench). I've taken a look at the synthesized design and found something odd. For some reason these output signals are tied to ground (as if they weren't used..). There are other warnings as well which I found rather bizar.
  23. asd123

Nexys A7 not working

The Nexys A7 suddenly shut down when operating normally connecting to my laptop, and cannot be turned back on.
  24. TerryS

Vivado free for Artix-7?

Thanks for all the help. I was able to finish the Vivado install and get through the 'blinky' tutorial. Very nice documentation. It didn't exactly match the 2018.3 version of Vivado that I installed, but close enough to have me blinking an LED in no time at all. Terry
  25. Hi, I have a brand new Digilent A7-35T board I tried to program via the USB built in JTAG using Vivado 2018.2. The part intermittently shows up in Hardware Manager, but a seconds later disconnects. Sometimes it disconnects just being connected (opened) in Hardware Manager and sometimes during programming. It is even worse if I try to erase and program the QSPI flash. I also downloaded and installed the latest Digilent Adept 2 with updated drivers and observed the same behavior. I tried different USB cables, different USB ports directly on my PC, via a powered hub, but the behavior is always the same -- it intermittently disconnects and fails. The amber LED does however stay lit. In Device Manager I am able to see the FTDI UART. I did also see it enumerate as a Microsoft BallPoint Mouse -- whatever that is. With this exact same setup, PC, Vivado, USB cables, etc, I have been programming the Zybo Z7-20 and the Arty boards with several designs without any such issues. Please let me know if I missed anything and what are the next steps in getting the board replaced or fixed. Thanks.
  1. Load more activity