All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. You don't mention what board you are using, but really it doesn't matter. Just because a header has 2 pins next to each other doesn't mean that they are suitable as differential inputs. For inputs what really matters is what logic standard is driving your differential signal. But even if this is from a 3.3V differential source that doesn't mean that you can use any particular connector pins to receive the signal. Trace length mismatches between the + and - can easily create big problems. In theory you can add termination allowing FPGA pins on 3.3V powered IO Banks to receive 2.5V differential signals but since the termination will be some distance from the actual FPGA balls and not likely to have good signal integrity properties I'd advise against it. Your best bet would be to create a small board that plugs into your PMOD and converts the differential signal into a LVCMOS33 compatible single-ended signal; assuming that you have the know-how to do it. I assume that if you did you wouldn't have submitted the question. Depending on the data rates it might be possible to just use the + or - signal; again assuming that you properly condition it to be 3.3V logic compatible.
  3. That is almost what I was looking for. I was hoping for a breakout board that took would have the 2x6 pins on one side and a little board that translates them to solderable holes. It would be ideal if there were more than two solderable holes for ground so that the wires could have some kind of ground reference. I purchased some of these. One end goes into the pmod connector. On the other side I can shove on flying wire leads and solder the other end of the leads to the unit under test. I can put shring tubing over the whole thing to try to hold it together. https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PBC12DFCN/S2231E-12-ND/861431?utm_medium=email&utm_source=oce&utm_campaign=2645_OCE19RT&utm_content=productdetail_US&utm_cid=1041561&so=61213442&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWVdJell6azBOVFEwTTJVeSIsInQiOiJNcmRlVmtvSFVpQVJVTGRmODFjbmN2WElna0pkV2xwMWtuRWQySnhlZ1ZoRFNLbm1EaEphR0tPY2lUeVBvam9xNnUwTEVcLzhjXC9qaHlic2tNS1JXMkU0VlVHMmVFWlF4UHpVXC9cL3RNY0hjeEpaMGY1UHlkWHJsdW9tQUdFZDJ6N0cifQ%3D%3D
  4. Hi, I would like to know what IO standard would I use if I want to input a differential signal to two adjacent PMOD headers on PMOD JB. This differential signal will be an input to a buffer on the FPGA. The current xdc file on github uses LVCMOS33 as a default standard as shown below. set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN E15 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { Input_data }]; #IO_L11P_T1_SRCC_15 Sch=jb_p[1] set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN E16 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { Input_data }]; #IO_L11N_T1_SRCC_15 Sch=jb_n[1] Would it be fine if I use LVCMOS33 or should I use another IO standard and if so which one should I use. I am using the Arty A7 100t board. Thank you
  5. Hi @cmarcelo, What board are you using? Edit: saw you were responded to in your other thread. Thanks, JColvin
  6. I have + and - to drive and also GND so I need to short - and GND right? My device is for EMG (electromyography).
  7. Hi All, I need someone help in understanding the Digilent Trainer MX370. My overall goal is to program this chipset with Mathworks using matlab and simulink models. Microchip C compiler and Mathworks products work together to form the basic building blocks of math modeling and coding. I have a couple of projects in mind, but my first one is building a PID controller and peak detectors forming a buck booster controller working in the T and S domains. It turns out the one needs the embedded coder as well as many other modules. Does anyone understand this embedded coder? My question has anyone build models on this platform using mathwork tools. This would include DSP and Digital Filters and PID Loops. Would one use Fix point or floating point ? Working with Timers and Counters Possible SPI out to an FPGA for further IO expansion. MPLab support Mathwork tools, but they use embedded coder. I have the Matlab coder and Simulink coder no embedded coder. It's too expensive for this project. Can I use this chip with Mathworks , without the embedded coder and just using simulate modeling form this point of view along with MPLab. I have support questions out to both mathworks and MPlab. No response, yet. I like this trainer, it has displays and push button switches needed. I would need a PID controller and driver hardware. I would need a way to tune the PID controller from the LCD Display of the trainer I could use another processor type to get this functionality. I don't think its that complicated if we can find code to the job for the MX370. Phil
  8. Hi @Wayne.B In case you are using Analog Discovery, the "Samples Lost" indicates device buffer overflow, loosing data while streaming to computer. Try using the 4th device configuration which allocates 16k samples for digital input (Logic Analyzer).
  9. Hi @menach_g For DIO 24 (Digital Discovery) use: # trigger detector mask: low & hight & ( rising | falling ) dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(0), c_int(1<<24), c_int(0)) # DIO 24
  10. Hi @Lesiastas Sorry, but I'm not familiar with VB6, VBA. This was my biggest VB application so far Please search on the net for solutions, like: http://www.excely.com/excel-vba/bit-shifting-function.shtml probably a += b should be written as a = a + b
  11. Hello, I want to do the boundary scan tests of Zybo Zynq-7000. I do have a JTAG controller and software but I need a netlist file (preferably in .net or .txt format). How can I get this file? My Regards, Ahmet ─░nce
  12. hey @attila thanks for all the great help I got the custom output setup fully working for my implemntation but now I want to add digitaln reading back using din pins I want the recording to be in sync with one of the io output channels which is a clock I got working in wf program like so: but when I did not find the equivalent functions in the sdk documentation I tried using snippets of code from "DigitalIn_Sync.py" nut it just goes into infinite loop with "cAvailable.value" == 0 every time..(I would add my code here but some parts like the custom setup are too long for simple code snippets) do you know how to set up a simple input in sync with custom output in python sdk your help will be greatly appreciated!!
  13. Hi, I was using the board (with only usb-wart port and some pmods connected) with the default demo loaded through the QSPI, the fan started spinning, so i pressed the 'reset' and 'prog ' buttons in order to re-program it. The 'done' led do not switch on (the 'busy' one blinked for a fraction of second)... At this point I thought there was a problem with the qspi memory so i flashed my own firmware (which was working just a couple of minutes before). The programming operation went well with no error or waring signaled by vivado, and with the 'done' led switching on, but no output was coming from the board (led, pmod, uart). I also tried to load both my firmware and OOB one on the qspi but without success... Is this a known problem? Is there any suggested solution? Is it an hardware problem? Thank you, Piccolo
  14. We don't have any plans to support 3rd party products in WaveForms.
  15. Executables will be posted in the next few days. But if you'd like to build it on Windows you can do one of the following: Install git for windows Install cygwin If you have Win 10, you can install a Linux Subsystem within Windows Ubuntu Other distributions If you don't want to use git clone, you can download the source repository as a zip file.
  16. Thanks for that, glad to see there is some progress coming at last! But you don't make it easy for us novices! If there is an executable why can't I just download it, rather than have to go through this github stuff Could you provide some instructions-for-complete-dummies to help me ? It starts off by saying "Clone this repository" and it gives the command below which looks like a linux command to me. git clone https://git.digilentinc.com/dsukumar/dlog-utils.git So If I'm running windows, what do I do? regards Steve (github-dummy)
  17. Chase

JTAG-HS2 program issue

Hi Digilent, I often got a information " The selected cable is being used by another application. Please retry the current operation. " from ISE iMPACT 14.7 when I used JTAG-HS2 device to program xilinx Spartan-6 device. But I did't use JTAG to do anything. I had make sure the driver is last. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.
  18. Many thanks for your response Michael. I have now managed to resolve this problem. What I was missing was a call to the DmgrGetTransResult function after the DspiPut to allow sufficient time for the data to be returned from the device. It is an overlapped transfer operation. I should have really realised this earlier. The error code did point in this direction but I just wasn't able to quite work out how to use DmgrGetTransResult properly.
  19. Hi @attila I've gotten the results that I wanted! Thanks for all the help regarding the UART Decoder Algorithm! Examples of the received and parsed messages that I used are: I also increased the buffer size to 4095 to accommodate for messages with bigger size. Result is: The next step for me is to reference the working VB Logic Analyzer Wrapper to a VBA Macro Script Project. Errors occurred and I observed that the UART Decoder Algorithm uses some operators not supported by VBA. Can you please help me understand what should I do to fix this error? Best Regards, Lesiastas
  20. Hi~ I'm building a project where I get the PCB + panel to buy my own parts. It needs a clock buffered by cd40106 and runs a cd4017. The sequential output of CD4017 produces a programmable voltage sequence that enters the output stage based on lm358. The complete sketch can be seen here. I just realized that I didn't supply power to lm2931, which constitutes the + 5V line of digital integrated circuits. I looked at the data sheet and it looked like it was just a low voltage drop 5V regulator with a rated current of 100 mA. Should a good 78L05 voltage regulator be a good substitute for driving only 4xxx logic? I'm almost sure I'll be okay, but I think I'll say hello. Below is the relevant part of the sketch: Likewise, I want to use TL072 instead of LM358, because I have many such devices. I tried to contact the PCB manufacturer and he gave me an extra past task, but I didn't get the answer, so I think I can handle everything faster by simply asking here and making some modifications alone. PS: LM358 stage is only a typical 100K/100K mixer for CD4017 production. Then it supports 100K/100K by 15PF and 330R by output jack. Thank you in advantage~
  21. Hello @JColvin and @Bianca I also have a similar problem. I have erased the FT2332 configuration by mistake on the Nexys A7 Board using FT_Prog. The board cannot be detected by FT_Prog anymore. How can I revert this to factory default? Regards, Cirach
  22. Fair enough I suppose - I was hoping I would be able to use djtgcfg as a lighter weight tool than ISE etc.
  23. Last week
  24. Hello @JColvin and @jpeyron I'm also having the same problem as the other user. Please guide me to restore EEPROM Thanks, Cirach
  25. Hi @pedro_uno, Depending on your exact end design, I'd probably recommend going for the Pmod BB (a breadboard) or the Pmod TPH2 if you just need test point headers. Thanks, JColvin
  26. Welcome to the club. I have found version sensitivity to be a big problem with Petalinux in general. Often an old bsp will push you back several versions of Petalinux. Then Petalinux itself is very sensitive to the OS of the host development system so you might have to go back a couple of Linux version on your workstation. This is due to the enormous number of dependencies involved with the Petalinux, Yocto, Bitbake, scheme. In one case, I figured out how to make my own Petalinux 2019.1 version of a BSP. That got me going after a week of frustration.
  1. Load more activity