All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi My Openscope MZ board arrived yesterday, and I've been setting it up following the video series. My board seems to be displaying some issues: 1: In Waveforms live, The Waveform generator does not display a waveform. I select the power button icon on the wavegen, then select a channel in the same way and hit Single. Nothing happens. No trace, or waveform. 2: I have the board set up with a direct usb connection and a wifi connection across the network however, the blue led wifi indicator on the openscope does not stay lit, and regardless of which device connectivity I choose the result is the same ie no waveform generated in waveforms live. 3. Occasionally when selecting "Single" I also get a message saying that "the device is already in use" when its not measuring anything. 4. After restarting the device, I attempted to see a waveform again and this time I hit "Single" and got a message saying "The AWG may have been running and has been stopped, please try again". I tried again, hit "single", nothing happened, so I hit "Abort" and got this message "Error stopping trigger, if this problem continues, restart the device and waveforms live". I tried again, and got nothing again. The experience so far has been frustrating. Is my board faulty or not configured correctly. I'm at a loss right now. Any help would be very much appreciated.
  3. Please contact xillybus for this as we are not familiar with their products.
  4. Today
  5. Hi @Stephanie There is no need to export the View/Logging. This can save data/picture or execute custom logging script automatically on each acquisition. The Logger tool also contains RMS measurements which can be exported to file.
  6. Pavel_47

JTAG-HS2 under linux

Hello, Can I use JTAG-HS2 under Linux and in particular with Vivado ? If yes, how properly install it ? Thanks.
  7. daeroro

pmod can period

Hi, @jpeyron Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I can't alter the bit rate. The graph was changed if I used same hardware design and SDK example. I don't know why. Have you ever tried to change bit rate and it worked?? thanks!!
  8. Hi, Using a microZED 7010 board and trying to setup a PMOD CAN module from Digilent. I followed this setup: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/pmod-ips/start Vivado 2018.2 When selecting the board microZED 7010 in my project setup, there is no PMOD connector available in board view to select. This seems to be missing from the board file. In PL, I setup the PMOD CAN IP and need to connect the PMOD interface to the PMOD pins. These are available on MIO. The issue: I would need to connect MIO pins 0, 9-15 to this PMOD CAN IP. However, in I/O settings, these physical pins are not available. Adding them in constraints is not possible neither. The PMOD pins are "locked" to the MIO bus. Is there a way I can re-araange the MIO pins 0, 9-15 to my PMOD CAN IP block? This should be possible, but without the appropriate board file, I can't get it to work. There have been several topics about this issue, but nothing seems to be expalined when using PMOD pins from PL on a microZED board; Thanks for inputs!
  9. jpeyron san My HS1 is back and can be used again. Thank you very much.
  10. Hi, I am trying to interface XADC on Zybo with xillyubus to measure external analog values.Rest of the design is working okay with a counter.My Question is how do i connect XADC with the xillybus Ip Core. any help is appreciated thank you
  11. Yesterday
  12. Not long ago, I purchased the Ham Radio workbench bundle (what a great deal!) for an upcoming project. Later, I learned about the Open Logger, which actually sounded more applicable for what I have planned. If possible, I'd like to detail the experiment I'm preparing and get a professional opinion from one of the experienced and talented folks here about choosing the right equipment. Generally, I'm trying to measure two types of "harmonics" as they apply to the barrels of rifles. The first type is the "whipping" movement, like you'd see a tuning fork exhibit w/ a high speed camera. To measure this, I'd like to place 3 accelerometers along the barrel to capture their relative motion and measure the amount and direction of movement at the base, middle and end of the barrel while firing. The second type is circumferential. When a round is fired, the chamber portion of the barrel expands slightly. This can be measured with a piezo strain gauge and is used to measure chamber pressure. There's a theory called Optimal Barrel Time which claims that a circumferential harmonic wave travels up and down the barrel, creating moments of disruption at the muzzle, leading to poor performance. Again, I'd like to place 3 strain gauges along the barrel to capture this, if possible. So far, that's 6 high-speed sensors that I'd like to capture. I'd also like to record directly from the sensor unit of a MagnetoSpeed chronograph. which uses two hall-effect sensors to measure bullet velocity. The purpose of adding this sensor to the mix is to help correlate the time of bullet-exit to the relative positions of other sensors along the barrel. Ideally, I'd prefer to have something I can easily turn on and off that will reliably record a time series of events for every sensor, without requiring a laptop. I'd love to get some advice/suggestions on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! -Eric
  13. jpeyron

pmod can period

Hi @daeroro, It looks like you have been able to alter the bit rate which was discussed in your other post here. I would suggest exposing the signals between the Pmod Can and the Zybo and using an oscilloscope on these signals. Do you have a CAN bus analyzer so you can better see what is being communicated between the Pmod CAN and the tms570 board? best regards, Jon
  14. Hi Digilent Thank you for the reply. I had not appreciated, from the documentation, that the GPIO pins were bi-directional with unified direction/OE control. However, I have been driving the GPIO OEs with 0's, consequently the data pattern presented should have been output. So, what you have intimated leaves me where I started - drive the AC0..7 bits appropriately e.g. 110001zz [0..7] and the outputs don't obey. Hence the original question, how do I trace the (output) signals, which on the components involved will come down to probing resistor pads and suchlike. The test setup is USB cable for control and power, and 3v3 strapped to Vref. All sitting on the bench. Further information and diagnostic suggestions would be most welcome Best Regards Martin
  15. Hi Attila, When I write anything in the script and go to export, it doesn't seem to capture what was written in the script. I have the source set to "oscilloscope", so it grabs data from there. If I set the source to "measurements" it gives me 1 value of RMS and 1 of Frequency.
  16. Hi @Lightbulb, Welcome to the Digilent forums. Sorry for the late reply. For command mode the user guide on page 12 states that there is a delay that needs to be used when entering the $$$. Have you tried using a different serial terminal emulator like tera term? best regards, Jon
  17. There are directional buffers between the FT232 and the actual GPIO pads on the module. The direction of these buffers is controlled by the logic level that's applied on the OE0, OE1, and OE2 nets. Placing a '0' on the OEn net will configure the applicable buffer as an output and allow the signal to be driven out of the applicable GPIO pad. Placing a '1' on the OEn net will configure the associated buffer as an input and allow the FT232H to read the state of the applicable GPIO pad.
  18. Hi, I can tell you this much that estimating required FPGA size is a challenging topic in general. Chances are high that an abstract analysis that's not based on experience will completely miss the point. For the PC, I think you are describing operating system overhead, not hardware limitations. Before I'd consider FPGA, I'd have a look at a bare-metal implementation, which can probably be approximated by editing the network card driver in a linux distribution (e.g. use one CPU core per inbound card and keep it in a spinlock waiting for data to avoid the slow context switch etc on interrupt). If your code runs otherwise from cache, a modern e.g. 5 GHz CPU is a force to be reckoned with.
  19. Hi, I am brand new to FPGA topic and i feel lost in the amount of boards and possibilities for them. I wanted to know if anyone could help me identify what board would suit my idea: I would like to have an Ethernet input and an Ethernet output so that my FPGA algorithm could normalize several network protocols (stock exchanges) into a unified protocol and send it out. I would also like to be able to store data on my board and be able to send this data at will. I would also like to know the limitations of how much data can one FPGA card handle and how is it determined. For example on a regular machine it is determined by how fast Network Card buffers are filled VS how fast app/kernel can pick this data from the buffer - i was wondering how it is determined in FPGA. Please let me know if it makes sense and if it is something FPGA is well suited for. Thanks!
  20. jpeyron

xadc_zynq

Hi @revathi, We do not have a ZC702. I did find some material for the ZC702 and the xadc her. Here and Here are some xilinx forum threads that might be helpful as well. best regards, Jon
  21. Hi @rprevost453@gmail.com, Thank you for information; the product manager is still at the conference so I haven't heard back as of yet (or at least haven't had a formal conversation with them), but even if that doesn't go through nicely, I'll work on making sure you receive the material regardless. Thanks, JColvin
  22. Hi @BTTroyer, I haven't looked into the ChipKit Core recently (we have our own Digilent Core), but presuming the functions are the same, I believe the DEIPcK library has two functions that do just this (getMyMac and getMyIP, described on lines 351 and 382 of DEIPck.cpp) that will populate their respective values when called and then you will be able to send these values to a serial terminal (or whatever you prefer) to be able to see them. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, JColvin
  23. Hi @Stephanie You can use the Logging/Script in Scope like this: You can also log and File/Export the history from the Logger tool:
  24. Hello! I'm exciting a transducer with a sine wave that sweeps from 30kHz to 50 kHz and I have it pointing at a mems microphone that is inputting data back into the Analog Discovery 2. I am able to see RMS voltage and frequency in the "Measurements" window, however when I export the data in the "Logger" window, I am only getting 1 single recording of the RMS voltage and frequency per .csv file. Rather than having all the samples in one .csv file, they are being saved in individual files. How can I get the entire sweep to be put in one .csv file? Thanks, Stephanie
  25. Hi @nob, I have sent you a PM about this. cheers, Jon
  26. Hi @Zorroslade000, Have you looked at the add a module function on the block design in Vivado? Here is a xilinx youtube. best regards, Jon
  27. HI, I would like to read/write communication to VHDL from within the Microblaze (interrupt is desireable but not necessary). Is there an axi peripheral available for this? I looked but nothing seems obvious. Rob
  1. Load more activity