All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, I have previously received a USB-2416-4AO from Digilent. Now I am trying to use this to run and collect data from my test rig. The goals are: 1. Energize a solenoid valve to open position through the DI/O port 2. Receive a pressure upper value to de-energize the solenoid valve to closed position holding that pressure 3. Wait for a certain period before energizing the solenoid valve again, and then waiting for a period before repeating the same process again for a certain number of cycles So essentially, I need to automate the process based on a pressure signal, number of time steps and number of cycles to be performed. I also need to automate the counter input to be able to give me event number for the given time step because I am assuming the counter ports of this DAQ would not be able to read a frequency wave directly? Based on this, what software do you recommend? Please keep in mind that this is to be used for a research project at Simon Fraser University, BC, Canada and therefore cost of the product should reflect that. Many thanks, Talha
  3. Today
  4. Hi Arthur, I'm glad I asked — that approach was much easier than rebuilding the block diagram! Thanks. I used those steps to increase both the DLMB and the ILMB values in the block design, reverting them from 8K back up to 32K. (In my diagram, unlike the screenshot in the link, they weren't in the same part of the tree: one was in Network 0 and the other in Network 1. I've no idea if that's important or not, so I presumed it wasn't.) I rebuilt the bitstream and exported the XSA file, and then found and used this guide to update the hardware specification back in Vitis: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/vitis-update-hardware-specification In Vitis, I could then see in the Explorer that the file at ‘<my_project>_wrapper/hw/<my_project>_wrapper.mmi’ had been updated, and that the ‘AddressSpace’ element there now had an ‘End’ attribute set to 32767, as expected. However, the build still doesn’t work. I’ve tried running a ‘Clean’ on each of the platform, system, and application projects in the Assistant area just in case, but I still get this: 17:00:20 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project microblaze_flash_wrapper_app **** make all Building target: microblaze_flash_wrapper_app.elf Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc linker mb-gcc -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L/home/pdw/Documents/Vitis-workspace/microblaze_flash_wrapper/export/microblaze_flash_wrapper/sw/microblaze_flash_wrapper/standalone_microblaze_0/bsplib/lib -mlittle-endian -mcpu=v11.0 -mxl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -Wl,--gc-sections -o "microblaze_flash_wrapper_app.elf" ./src/main.o -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group /home/pdw/Xilinx/Vitis/2022.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/bin/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf-ld.real: microblaze_flash_wrapper_app.elf section `.heap' will not fit in region `microblaze_0_local_memory_ilmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem_microblaze_0_local_memory_dlmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem' /home/pdw/Xilinx/Vitis/2022.1/gnu/microblaze/lin/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/bin/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf-ld.real: region `microblaze_0_local_memory_ilmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem_microblaze_0_local_memory_dlmb_bram_if_cntlr_Mem' overflowed by 1856 bytes collect2.real: error: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [makefile:38: microblaze_flash_wrapper_app.elf] Error 1 17:00:20 Build Finished (took 207ms) which as far as I can see, is exactly the same error message as before. Any suggestions of what I might be missing? I'm still at the "read instruction, click button" stage with Vitis, so I'm expecting it's a beginner's mistake somewhere. Also, in case it’s relevant (but definitely not presuming anything here!), I’m happy to upload the Vitis project somewhere if that’ll help: there’s nothing sensitive in this project yet, and it compresses pretty well. Thanks in advance for any clues you might have, Cheers, Paul. P.S. No idea why my previous post was double-posted; is there some way to delete one of them?
  5. A lot of questions, and I just get 2 pictures?? I would have thought that playback would be part of the Digital Pattern Generator tool. The manual states "The Digital Pattern Generator (Patterns) lets you define the output on the digital lines, using standard types or user-defined types. The manual states for the Logic Analyzer tool "The Logic Analyzer allows acquisition and visualization of digital inputs." In any case, my objective is to play back my own custom file I created. So if it is done via the Logic Analyzer, no matter... In the demo tool, I imported my file (junk.txt) into the Logic Analyzer via the screen shown in picture "import". It consists of 2 columns of data - time and value. Based on the screenshot, it appears to recognize these properly. After importing it, I open up the data window to look at the data. Refer to "import3". Isn't the data window supposed to show what was imported? It does not look like what I imported. Why is there a red box with the word "busy"? I am running this in demo mode. Perhaps it is getting confused. Maybe this would work better if I had an actual device? If I click play, I would then expect that the data I imported would play back on DIO24, correct? Can you point me to a tutorial or video of playing back an imported file? junk.zip
  6. I have two pretty good bench supplies, so, I do have that covered. What I am really after is a new scope to sort of replace my old Tek scope. It has 100 MHz bandwidth and four channels. I am spoiled at work with the newer digital scopes and would like those features. From examining the specs, my take on the product offering highest analog bandwidth is 55 MHz. This is probably more than adequate for what I do. Attached are couple of scope shots. (This model scope was Tek's last glass CRT model they produced.) One shows a SPI bus transaction and as you can see, this is a stretch for this instrument. I would be curious to know how the Discovery 3 would do on these wavefomrs.
  7. Hi @attila I manage to fix it by adding time delay between PWS power-on and DIO. Not sure the problem is, but it has to do with power/IO timing. Much appreciation for your help.
  8. Hi, SHA512 is fine! Thank you for the support here -- is there a general timeline for this this being done? When do you guys expect the next beta release for Waveforms to be? Thank you guys, and let me know if i can answer any more questions. @malexander @attila
  9. Hi @Evan Cleary, My understand is that it is possible to do, but you need to change out a couple of DLLs to make it work as per this specific post (and the one chronologically after it): Let me know how it goes. Thanks, JColvin
  10. Hi @Clyde, I don't know what your specific needs are, but other devices, such as the Analog Discovery 3 or the Analog Discovery Pro 2230, have eFuses to limit the total power output (which you can set the value of) on their adjustable -0.5 V to -5 V and +0.5 V to +5 V supplies. Thanks, JColvin
  11. Ok, now I understand. The description leads one to believe there is a more substantial connection, and perhaps an equal to a very light duty bench supply, or at least that is how I have interpreted it. I am just trying to figure out if this is the instrument for me.
  12. Hi @Clyde VIO = Digital Power Supply 2 pins on the DIO connector
  13. Please send me an email, I am an Engineer working with Johnson and Johnson. I would like to continue working with your company, but I really need a form of documentation.
  14. Hello @Ross MacKenzie. No records are available for external requests.
  15. I should mention that I have USB keyboard, USB mouse, and even USB headphone. None of those are recognized by the Horizon Client, but all working when I use my virtual machine Debian.
  16. Thanks attila. I'm using VMWare Horizon Client on which I have a Debian OS. On my VMWare, I have only "USB Unavailable".
  17. Hello @Fausto Are there any records of validation of the DAQami software? The ISO accreditation was just an example.
  18. Hello @Ross MacKenzie. Digilent does not make our products in line with/accredited by ISO. This includes MCC hardware and software. Regards, Fausto
  19. Thanks JColvin. That was the problem. Everything seems to be working seamlessly now. Best, Dominic
  20. I am hoping to acquirer a copy of your validation records for DAQami software . Sometimes this is as simple as a one pager signed saying the software validated this software per your ISO quality system. Thanks, Ross
  21. Using 12-volt power, you do not have to do anything with the Scaler resistor. It will override our resistor because it has a much lower value.
  22. Hi @JColvin when we last spole I was using a NI Virtual bench with the LabView Virtual Bench library. We have now recieved an ADP 5250 and I am trying to get this to work with the same library, the Virtual Bench library uses a VirtualBench Device I/O Control, this unfortunately isnt finding the 5250, I can see the 5250 in waveforms though Is there a way to get the labview control to see the 5250?
  23. Then I do not understand this part in the features section:
  24. Hi @Clyde On ADP3X50 the Digital IO voltage is adjustable between 1.2V and 3.3V The VIO output of this, first 2 pins of the DIO connector, is protected and can deliver up to 300mA. The 4 USB host ports are available in Linux mode. 2 of this can deliver 500mA and the other 2 900mA. The device has no other power supplies. Eventually the 2 AWG channel can output +/-5V 30mA 50R
  25. Hey @JRys, what should I do with the internal pull-up on the scaler?
  26. I was speaking of the adjustablle power supply, not digital I/Os.
  1. Load more activity