All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Thank you for your timely response . Now, I want to measure DC voltage.what if I feed in a voltage greater Than 1 volts? Another question: what is the purpose of VCC and GND in XADC pmod(the last 4 pins)? Do their power up the ADC? Thanks.
  3. So once I've logged a file to an SD card, how do I get hold of the data? I can download the file to my computer but I can't read it as its in some unknown binary format and I can't export it to something like and ascii text or .csv file. Am I missing something here? or have I got a logger that can capture data but the data can't be displayed, viewed or otherwise accessed?
  4. hi... i am new to FPGA ... i am working on a project to detect a car using pcam on zybo z7 10 ..as i mentioned i am new to fpga and zybo so i am stuck where to strat... i already successfully implement p5cam demo in zybo z7 10 board and also i have learned how to use peta linux and how to make boot petalinux in board... now i have no idea what to do next... i want to use open cv but i dont know where to start from.. can any one provide a link or tell me how to make a pcam running on petalinx and how to implement open cv on the video for processing..
  5. Yesterday
  6. Hi @ammolytics, This forum section will work. It definitely sounds like an interesting project. The main hurdle that I'm seeing with this project is that you will either need multiple Discovery's and OpenLogger to collect all of the analog inputs and the digital inputs. Accelerometers tend to provide their information in a digital fashion (such as through SPI or I2C) so while the Analog Discovery 2 can read in this data, the OpenLogger is not able to directly interpret protocol messages. However, the Analog Discovery 2 needs to be connected to a laptop to store the data, which you stated you do not need. The 3 strain gauges will likely have analog outputs as well as the output from the Magnetospeed Chronograph that you linked, though I don't know if it provides 1 or 2 analog outputs (since it uses 2 hall effect sensors). So that is 3 analog inputs required, plus 2 digital inputs (from the 2 hall effect sensors), as well as 3 digital inputs that will likely require interpretation. Looking at the sources you linked, it does not appear the required sample rate will need to be incredibly fast (guessing based the links where it said the stress wave travels from receiver to muzzle in about 0.12 mS, or 120 microseconds). Based on this, you likely could use a 1 MHz sampling rate (1 microsecond resolution) to capture all of the data you needed, of which the Analog Discovery 2 can achieve, while the OpenLogger will be limited (while using 3 analog inputs) to 166.7 kS/s (6 microsecond resolution), though depending on how many sample points you need, this may be sufficient for you. The main thing I'm getting at is that I don't think that either the OpenLogger or the Analog Discovery 2 will an all-in-one solution for you; the Analog Discovery 2 because it only has 2 analog inputs and you need at least 3 (and it can't store data to an SD card), and the OpenLogger because it doesn't directly interpret data protocols that will likely be coming from the accelerometers. To be fair, the OpenLogger could in theory receive all of the bit-banged data accelerometer data on digital inputs and then you interpret them later, but the logging functionality (or at least the ability to read the logged data) isn't integrated yet and this also presumes that accelerometers will power on and start sampling data in the exact configuration you want upon start-up with no instructions provided to them which is not a guarantee. What I would probably recommend looking into would be using a microcontroller or microprocessor to collect the data and store it on an SD card, since there are a number of microcontollers that have both enough analog and digital inputs and you can program them to to interpret the protocol data from the accelerometers for you and send only the relevant data to an SD card. You'll likely need to use an external analog-to-digital converter if the voltages you are measuring are outside of the ranges that the on-board ADC can accept (usually either 0V to 3.3V or 0V to 5V and Magnetospeed sensor you linked was showing 7.6V to 9V readings). Let me know if you have any questions about this. Thanks, JColvin
  7. I have a new design coming along that will need to use I/O pins on the (normally not populated) J1 connector. I don't have easy access to a CORA at the moment, so am looking for X and Y offsets from J1 to the J4/J5 connectors. Also, are there part numbers or height measurements available for the normally populated headers to help in selecting a part with appropriate dimensions to install in the J1 position? Thanks!
  8. Hi @akash, Here is the Nexys 4 DDR Music Looper. This demo uses the clock wizard and HDL. best regards, Jon
  9. Not sure if I posted this to the right forum topic -- if anyone can recommend another that's more applicable, please let me know!
  10. Hi @farideh, Welcome to the digilent forum. We responded to your other thread here. best regards, Jon
  11. Hi @farideh, We have not worked with GEM5 or dynamic voltage and frequency scaling. I would suggest reaching out to GEM5. I did find a paper that might be helpful here. best regards, Jon
  12. One slight problem... per the DEIPcK.ccp file: /*** bool DEIPcK::getMyMac(MACADDR *pMAC) ** .... ** Notes: ** ** This value will not be accruate until the Ethernet and IP Stack is fully initialized bool DEIPcK::getMyMac(MACADDR& mac) { // get it set up if not already if(isLinked()) // <- I am NOT linked so I can't get the address. { LLGetMyMac(_pLLAdp, &mac); return(true); } return(false); } I can't get the MAC till the connection is made. I can't make the connection till I provide our network people the MAC Our network people get very upset if we start our own wireless setup. They don't want the WF32's leaving the building.
  13. It's the Pmod JA port. You can see it in the reference manual
  14. Can I drag and drop the 100MHz clock signal from the E3 pin of the digilent Nexys 4 DDR board to the PLD design? Is there an example program (like led blink) using PLD design? Is there a way to interface the Pmods in the PLD design?
  15. It may be a good idea to get the cheapest FPGA board (e.g. CMOD A7 just to name one) - don't even bother with Ethernet, just use e.g. UARTs, to get a feeling for the technology. The problem I see is >> I am brand new to FPGA topic Maybe you can find an example project that needs only minor modifications. But even so, you may find out that the obviously shortest route leads through the deepest swamp... Example, my "minor modifications" cause the project to fail timing closure. What then? It's probably worse / "deeper swamp" than the same thing happening on my own design which I know line-by-line. Don't let it discourage you, take it merely as hints so that when you run into something red and flashy in your project planning you recognize it as a warning light 🙂
  16. Hi guys. I am trying to run DVFS on gem5 and I am trying to create a Makefile Based on this site :http://www.gem5.org/Running_gem5#Experimenting_with_DVFS When I try to make I get the following error message: (/home/farideh/linux-linaro-tracking-gem5/scripts/kconfig/Makefile:36: recipe for target 'silentoldconfig' failed make[2]: * [silentoldconfig] Error 1 /home/farideh/linux-linaro-tracking-gem5/Makefile:526: recipe for target 'silentoldconfig' failed make[1]: * [silentoldconfig] Error 2 make: *** No rule to make target 'vexpress_gem5_dvfs_defconfigmake'. Stop.) I don't know what this error is and what should I do by this error?
  17. I ran the gem5 and could run ARM and full system on geme5 . Currently I need to run DVFs on gem5 but I couldn't do it and looking sites for example : 1.http://www.gem5.org/Running_gem5#Experimenting_with_DVFS 2.http://www.gem5.org/docs/html/classDVFSHandler.html but I don't understand and I don't know how to run DVFS on gem5.please help me and guide how I can do it and introduction site or reference for it.
  18. @Peggy - did you manage to write some matlab code to read the .log files? If you have, would you share it with me? regards Steve
  19. Hi @nob, Glad to hear that the JTAG-HS1 is back up and running! best regards, Jon
  20. Hi @rompish, Welcome to the Digilent Forums! I would suggest reaching out to the NetFPGA group here. You will need to register which does take a few days. The NetFPGA group will be able to better answer your questions about simulation and hardware needs since they have more experience with the boards. best regards, Jon
  21. Hi @skaitmenukas, Agreed, while I was getting my degree most of my college class mates used the AD2 in our EE classes/Labs. Here is the resource center for the AD2. The resource center should help with getting to better know the AD2's functions. best regards, Jon
  22. Hi @veca2, Welcome to the digilent forums! Here is a forum thread that should be helpful with getting the PmodCAN working on the MicroZED development board. best regards, Jon
  23. oh sorry, yea Analog Discovery 2
  24. Hello everyone, I have problem with impedance data exporting from AD2 and can't find-out the solution. I wasn't lucky to find people who had the same problem. Problem: exporting Impedance measurement data to CSV I got empty rows. Graph looks correct. All data point refer to only one number, so results only horizontal line. I had the same problem with older version WaveForms and from first was thinking that update solved my problem, but it still occurring. I had idea that I save to much reference lines in Workspace, but problem accures with 6 reference lines too. System: MacOS High Sierra. WaveForms 3.10.9 64-bit Qt5.6.3 macOS 10.13 If anyone has any ideas please let me know the solution.
  25. Hi @skaitmenukas, Welcome to the Digilent Forums! Are you referring to the Analog Discovery 2? cheers, Jon
  26. 1.) USB A-Micro and JP6 is set tto USB 2.) JP5 set to JTAG 3.) Yes. Tested with multiple known working cables 4.) Yes. Tried multiple computers as well. 5.) No 6.)C222:C219 are all at 5V, C229:C228 both at 16mV, C237 12mV, and C240 16mV, which I'm guessing is not a good sign at all. Please advise possible options/solutions. Thanks, Matt
  1. Load more activity