All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi, vicentiu. I'm using vivado + sdk -hardware design : https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/pmod-ips/start -sdk example : https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/blob/master/ip/Pmods/PmodCAN_v1_0/drivers/PmodCAN_v1_0/examples/TX.c + I ran the Lookback.c example and it worked!!
  3. Dear @jpeyron Could you help me and create simple project for transmit to PC from chip "Hello world" (i will downloaded them and probe to program my chip . . .)? It will be my first point of teaching to program Zynq. I looked at information about pins, but confused with working with them(( Best regards.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Hi @andre19, I would suggest looking at the schematic here for the pins that you will need to use in your XDC. This here might be the E310 XDC. I would suggest reaching out to ettus about resources for their board. best regards, Jon
  6. @Fa-b, signal is ok. I've placed OpenScope about 1,5 m next to the WiFi router. So that is not the problem. I think it's the second option, U mentioned. Is there any solution to that ? How to connect OpenScope through WiFi in that case ?
  7. Hi @traymond160, 1) To be able to better assist you, What specific Artix-7 35T FPGA development board do you have? a) We have a few different FPGA development boards with the Axtix-7 35T on them(I.E. Cmod A7-35T, Basys 3, Arty-A7 35T). 2) Are you using Windows or linux? If you are using linux with vivado you have to manually install the digilent cable drivers as discussed here 3) We have a installing vivado tutorial here that walks you through the process of getting vivado working with our FPGA development boards. 4) We have a getting started with Vivado here that should help you with using the Artix-7 35T FPGA you have. best regards, Jon
  8. I have an ARTIX-7 A 35T FPGA board. I have the Vivado 2018 FPGA software good there, and I updated the Board files, from there I have downloaded all of the technical information about this board but theres no mention of where to get the drivers for this board or does Vivado provide those in the 2018 software. I did see mention to get to the hardware drivers section in the Menu under *tools* from there I don't know and I couldn't find anything to do with Hardware in Vivado. BTW I have the correct USB cable I first plugged in my ARTIX board and then into my Laptop the ARTIX LEDS came on (both Red leds) but they come on solid and not flashing, from there I have no idea any suggestions? Thanks.
  9. Hi @traymond160, The Artix-7 35T is an FPGA so i would suggest posting your question in the FPGA section. cheers, Jon
  10. Hi @postmaster87, Welcome to the Digilent Forums. 1) How are you powering the Zybo Z7? a) Is JP6 iset to USB? 2) Is JP5 set to JTAG? 3) Have you tried using a different USB A to Micro B cable? 4) Have you tried using a different USB port? 5) Does PGOOD LD 13 light up when the Zybo Z7 is turned on? a) If not I would like to check the power rails coming out of the power regulator. 1) with a DMM please measure the voltage on the following capacitors: Either C219, C220, C221 or C222 (should be 5 V) Either C228,or C229 (should be 3.3 V) C237 (should be 1.35 V) C240 (should be 1.8 V) best regards, Jon
  11. Thanks hey I have an ARTIX-7 35T board I have some questions about Im not sure what part of this forum to post this, and yet Im a newbie. Thanks
  12. Hi @traymond160, Welcome to the Digilent forums! best regards, Jon
  13. Hello, We had a couple embedded systems projects using the Zybo Z7 and on the demo day a group was frantically trying to test their design and plugged something in backwards and the Zybo will no longer power on. I tried to get specific details from the group but failed to get any useful information from them. I've done a visual inspection and there are no burn marks or obvious shorts on the board. I've set all jumpers correctly and am trying to power over USB but it is not recognized under device manager and there are no "hot spots" present on the board either. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Matt
  14. Hi everyone im new to fpga and the forum .
  15. Hi @shan, Welcome to the Digilent forum! Here is a xilinx forum that discusses a similar error that should be helpful for your issue. best regards, Jon
  16. I have several WF32 boards - I need to give the MAC address to the "Masters of the Wireless" at our Company... How does one use DEIPcK/DEWFcK to find the IP (I am using Arduino 1.8.8 with the ChipKit Core 1.0.3) - I cant find any documentation. Thanks Bill
  17. Hi @jpeyron I have ettus e310 board. I decided do not use the USRP, GNU Radio and start to program FPGA on board via Vivado - this decision is better for me. When i start to work with board, i could not create true file for write inside the chip(( 1) Block design of board 2) http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_e3xx.html 3) https://kb.ettus.com/E310/E312
  18. Thanks very much for your kind attention to this. Here's some additional information that might be relevant to the product manager. I am a 65 year old retired instructor of C++ and Java Language at Ottawa's Algonquin College. I've been retired for 5 years. I've taken up a hobby in electronics, and got my HAM radio licence for Canada 3 years ago. My HAM callsign is VE3WEF and can be checked online at the QRZ site for international HAM radio users. I'm greatly enjoying this course, but would greatly benefit from checking my homework against (probable) right answers. I would only use this for personal use (as I am no longer teaching) and at home. I would not share the answers, as I understand those issues quite well. As I said I've purchased both the AD2 and the parts kit (mostly chips) for this cours. So if there's a way for me to get the homework answers that'd be great. And if not, thanks so much for trying. Best, Roland Prevost CANADA
  19. Hi @sus-e, One thing that I would try would be to call the mtds.SetDisplayOrientation prior to the mtds.SetDrawingSurface since the latter function tells the system where the drawing surface is, so it is my understanding that currently the code is unaware that the drawing surface has been reoriented. Let me know how this goes. Thanks, JColvin
  20. Hi @andre19, We provide board files for our boards to assist with constraining some of the components like the USB UART bridge as well as the DDR. You need to use a xdc file to constrain the UART_O_0_rxd and the UART_O_0_txd signals to specific pins on your development board. Does the manufacture provide a board file or XDC for you to use? I would also suggest reaching out and or looking through your ZYNQ development board's manufacture's provided documentation/resources to see what resources they provide. best regards, Jon
  21. Hi @aliff saad, I would suggest to make sure that there are no spaces in your paths. I downloaded the library and placed it here: C:\Users\jpeyron\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SparkFun_LSM9DS1_Arduino_Library-master\examples\LSM9DS1_Basic_SPI I then opened the arduino ide using the digilent core and ran the LSM9DS1_Basic_SPI.ino with no issue as shown in the attached screen shot below. best regards, Jon
  22. Hi @jpeyron Early i have worked with arty A7 board and programmed it via Vivado. Now i have get another board with Zynq 7020 and i start to write code in vivado - it is not Digilent board (its is very bad(( and hard to start for me ) . I choose my chip in vivado and combinated IP blocks. I want at first step to make transmitting "Hello world" to PC. But, after generating bitstream i have get errors, i don't understand hove to fix tham(( Best regards
  23. There is a key point: you don't have to comment any slv_reg# After exporting hardware to SDK Launch on hardware(GDB) is not enough. You have to program FPGA, then Launch on hardware (System debugger) instead of (GDB) .
  24. Are you using Linux or bare metal on the Zybo Z7?
  25. Hello, I'm working on zybo z7 & pmod can I want to transmit data from zybo z7 to other board(not zybo, tms570lc43x launchpad). So I took a test : (computer) - (usb2can) --------------------------- (can transceiver) - (tms570 board). It really worked well. But I took a test like this: (zybo-z7) - (pmod can) -------------------------------------- (can transceiver) - (tms570 board) It doesn't work!!!!! and the signal period is about 8 times slower than above picture.. How can I make it work? I need your advice thanks!!
  26. revathi

xadc_zynq

Hi @jpeyron, In XADC wizard i make Vp and Vn as external ports. In XDC file i have given like below, set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS18 [get_ports vp_in_0] set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS18 [get_ports vn_in_0] set_property PACKAGE_PIN L11 [get_ports vp_in_0] set_property PACKAGE_PIN M12 [get_ports vn_in_0] * why there is a reduction in amplitude of xadc output when there is a increase in frequency. My understanding is that may be due to anti aliasing filter. If so, how to overcome that problem. Is it you have any idea regarding my issue. Thankyou for your support
  27. @xc6lx45 Thank you! I will look at the open-source xc3sprog utility. @Dan Thank you! I know the vivado option to create a * .bin file :) I will use a hex editor to open the bin file and read its contents. Then I will try to transfer this content into the flash and check if the fpga can be configured from this flash memory at startup. Herve
  1. Load more activity