This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I2C data acquistion from Analog Discovery

Board.pdf
  3. Today
  4. fingerprint sensor implentation

hi @Van Loi LE ok i will go through from this . thanks
  5. fingerprint sensor implentation

hi @jpeyron i m using baysys 3 board is this not possible to receive the data through VGA ? why,, i dont get it. thanks
  6. fingerprint sensor implentation

Hi @anirudha semwal, What fpga board are you using? Depending on the board, you could use something like Microblaze or a zynq processor to facilitate UART communication to the sensors. You could use something like the Pmod USBUART to help get the data of of the sensor. Once you get the data you could send the data to your pc through the usb-uart or Ethernet. You would be able to send data through usb-uart with all of our FPGA 's. It would depend on if the FGPA has an Ethernet component as to if you could send data that way. I know that you could send your data through VGA if the FPGA has that component or if you use something like the Pmod VGA. I do not believe your PC would be able to receive data through the VGA. cheers, JOn
  7. Zybo HDMI output help

Hello @jpeyron Thanks for your quick response and explanation on the project. If this is the case, I think that getting 4K resolution maybe hopeless, but I'm looking forward to your result on this issue. shu
  8. Basys 3 seven segment display

Hi @fhhull, I made a very detailed tutorial on how to control the 4-digit 7-segment LED Display on Basys 3 FPGA board: 7-segment display Basys 3 FPGA tutorial Hope it helps.
  9. fingerprint sensor implentation

I used R305 Fingerprint sensor before with Xilinx FPGA. You can easily communicate with the sensor using UART. However, you need to read its datasheet (attached) to see how to configure the sensor (Data packet format, instruction set) and get the data from it. R305-User-Manual.pdf
  10. Yesterday
  11. Arty with custom IP

Hi @jello_cat, Here is a forum thread that does our custom ip creator tutorial in VHDL, I have not seen anything wrong with your HDL. I will look into this further next week. Another way to get custom HDL code to work with the Microblaze axi system you can use the add a block feature in Vivado 2016.x and up connected to the AXI GPIO. Here is a forum thread that describes how to accomplish this. cheers, Jon
  12. Zybo HDMI output help

Hi @shurunxuan, My understanding is that in our HDMI projects we had to overclock the Zybo to get 1080p to work. With that being said I do not believe that you will be able to get 4K resolution using the Zybo. I will do more research next week about this issue and respond here. cheers, Jon
  13. Arty-Pmod Help

Hi @Vivadong69,basys 3 xdc I do not believe that the Board files are causing this issue. To make this project work for the basys 3 and the Pmod VGA you add the top.vhl as a source in a Vivado project. Next add the clocking wizard. Then set the clocking wizard to the output frequency dictated in the top.vhl for the desired resolution. Then you add the constraint file for the basys 3 and use the arty xdc file as a reference for basys 3 xdc. If you are trying to use this project with the VGA component on the Basys 3 then you need to use the pins for the vga in the basys 3 xdc and not the pmod ports. Here is a forum thread that has a project for the basys 3 using the VGA. cheers, Jon top.vhd Arty_Master.xdc
  14. Correct Input and Outputs for PMODI2S?

That's AWESOME!!! I'd love to get into audio processing w/ FPGA's but have my hands full with Cortex-M boards right now. So, good news: I got the PModI2S outputting audio. The audio is that of a single sine wave cycle that loops infinitely. Bad news: I don't have the clock settings quite right still and the pitch of my sine wave coming out of the speakers hooked up to the PModI2S is not quite right. I'm fairly certain the issue is properly configuring the clock settings on the STM32F... Which is not trivial. I'm confident I'll get it figured out though with some more work which I should be getting to shortly. If anyone is interested in my code to make this work please let me know and I'll come back and post a link here once I have it working 100% correctly.
  15. cannot configure ethernet in linux4.9 | ZYBO

Hi @chaithanya, I have reached out to a more experience embedded linux forum member. Unfortunately, they are out of the office this week. I would not expect a response to your question until later next week. cheers, Jon
  16. Hello @metso, I'm sorry for the delay, I am finding out some more information from one of our hardware engineers so that we can answer your question. Thank you for your patience, JColvin
  17. HI @udin45, I am tagging my co-worker that will be able to assist you with fixing this issue( @Bianca). thank you, Jon
  18. AD2 & Waveforms Reference Question

Hi @Old Printer The WaveForms for OS-X doesn't have any additional dependencies. On Windows you might need the following packages and you can get the latest USB driver from: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified.zip
  19. Analog Discovery

Hi @Mobinul Hoda For scope data storage you can use multiple interfaces in WaveForms application: - Logger interface to store at slow update rate, 100ms...1minute - Logging tool in Scope interface to save acquisitions - Record acquisition mode in Scope to acquire up to 10M samples at up to 1MHz rate In case you want custom application or script see the WaveForms SDK manual and examples which are installed on Windows to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\WaveFormsSDK\
  20. I have a ZYBO Board working fine with linux3.18. I have tested UART, I2C and Ethernet using linux3.18. But I needed to update my linux to 4.9, now ethernet cannot be configured. when I give ifcofig -a lo Link encap:Local Loopback LOOPBACK MTU:65536 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B ) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B ) sit0 Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4 NOARP MTU:1480 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1 RX bytes:0 (0.0 B ) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B ) It lists lo and sit0 and no eth0. I have searched web for a solution, but could not get anything useful. an someone help?
  21. Hi Attila, Thank you for the information, it answered my question and I actually prefer to use the Script Tool instead of the custom scripts feature from within the protocol tool. I had thought I tried the Protocol.SPI.value command and I am not sure why I didn't figure this out on my own with my Analog Discovery 2 module. What I think was somewhat confusing me was that I had switched over to my Digital Discovery module because it has a higher sample rate and allowed me to achieve faster SPI clock data rates. In your example, the Protocol.Select.value = 10; corresponds to DIO 10 pin which makes sense and the "10" is a direct correlation. However, on the Digital Discovery pin indexes don't directly correlate and I had to use different numbers in the assignment to select the various SPI pins and this was confusing to me. Have I overlooked the documentation that identifies the pin indexing on the Analog and Digital discovery modules? For the Digital Discovery I found the following: Protocol.SPI.Select.value = 1; //Assigns pin DIO 24 Protocol SPI.Clock.value = 2; //Assigns pin DIO 25 Protocol.SPI.DQ0.value = 3; //Assigns pin DIO 26 Protocol.SPI.DQ1.value = 4; //Assigns pin DIO 27 To switch to a different set of wires for my second SPI port: Protocol.SPI.Select.value = 5; //Assigns pin DIO 28 Protocol.SPI.Clock.value = 6; //Assigns pin DIO 29 Protocol.SPI.DQ0.value = 7; //Assigns pin DIO 30 Protocol.SPI.DQ1.value = 8; //Assigns pin DIO 31 I do now have an additional question on the Select line timing that I didn't fully comprehend until today. I noticed that there is a significant amount of time that elapses between the Select line toggling and the start of the Clock and data, as well as even more time elapsing following the last data bit and the Select line toggling again. I now understand that the select signal is activated from software, therefore it does not have exact timing with the bit serialization. My total SPI data transaction takes about 500uS, but there is about ~3.5mS that elapses between the Select line toggling, and then another ~5.5mS of time following the data before the Select line toggles again to end the transaction. This gives me about one complete transaction every 9-10mS. This is a lot of overhead when I'm trying to send data across a bus through my transceivers that results in a lot of idle time on my system bus since a packet of data is only transmitted every time it receives the transmit command I'm sending over SPI. Is there any work around I could do to decrease this time between Select line toggling and the Clock/Data? It would be ideal if the tool would automatically transition the Select line automatically when a Read/Write command was executed. But since it doesn't work this way, would creating a custom script to do SPI allow faster overall speeds, or would the overhead be even slower? Thanks!
  22. fingerprint sensor implentation

hi @JColvin i want to use these two sensor using uart communication protocol .but i dont understand how can i get the data on my computer can u plz provide some information about implementation of these sensor. can i get the data in form of image on my computer using vga cable what procedure should apply for the same. Finger print sensor(R305) Fingerprint sensor GT511C3
  23. As a follow on from Jon. Looks like the FTDI drivers haven't loaded/installed properly. 1) In the Windows Device Manager, double click on "USB Serial Converter A" & "USB Serial Converter B" -> a "... Properties" dialog opens 2) Open the "Driver" tab in one of the dialogs. 3) What happens if you click the "Update Driver..." button?
  24. Arty Z7 - memory write error

Hi Jon, thanks for your patience. Have got it working. The problem was due to me not reading the instructions carefully enough. JP4 needs to be in the JTAG position. Alex asked me earlier to try that and I did. Yesterday it failed, today it works. Go figure... Thanks all for your help, Stephen
  25. FPGA based PWM generation

The system is AC coupled, so no dc output. You can directly use a 16b unsigned value if you consider yourself to have a 16b unsigned input. The DC component will be removed. If you consider yourself to have a 16b signed 2's complement input, you would need to invert the msb. Otherwise -1 would map to ~100% duty ratio, and -32k would map to 50%. (0 would map to 0% and +32k would map to ~50%). Inverting the msb has the effect of converting the 16b signed value into a 16b unsigned value that is equal to x + 32*1024. -1 maps to ~50%, -32k maps to 0%, 0 maps to 50% and 32k maps to ~100%. This design maximizes the number of transitions. Each transition has a cost in terms of parasitics in the circuit. The goal of maximizing transitions is to move more energy to higher frequencies that the RCRC filter can reject more easily -- the goal being to reduce ripple within a pwm period. There are other options. in terms of arranging the bits. You can also get 2x rate PWM signals or 4x rate PWM for example.
  26. Zybo HDMI output help

Hello everyone, I'm new to Zybo board and I have a question about it's HDMI port. Is Zybo's HDMI port capable of 3840x2160 video signal output at either 30fps or 60fps? If so, how should I modify the HDMI TX demo? I tried to add timing parameters for 3840x2160@30fps like this: static const VideoMode VMODE_3840x2160a30 = { .label = "3840x2160@30Hz", .width = 3840, .height = 2160, .hps = 4016, .hpe = 4104, .hmax = 4400, .hpol = 1, .vps = 2168, .vpe = 2178, .vmax = 2250, .vpol = 1, .freq = 297 }; But I always get 240MHz pixel clock frequency when the program runs, which results in "no signal" on my monitor. I guess this requires a change in the block diagram, but I need help on it. Thanks!
  27. Zybo root filesystem / following tutorial

Thanks!! Worked for me!! After a lot of brain scratching!
  1. Load more activity